“The Bill”

Chaplin's
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2015

had a starter then main arrived then the bill less than halfway through the main ! The staff told the bill arrives at the end of the meal not this soon. Were told she was thinking of saving us time . I said there was still pudding , coffee and brandy if available to come . She looked rather poker faced . Obviously wanted to clear off early . Took our time to consume our average meal and each time she looked at her watch I looked at mine and called over the time . we left well before the closing time . was a quiet night there but still , so not on.

The food was good however a lack of willing to serve

Reviewed 28 June 2015

We booked the restaurant a few weeks ago, we arrived last night for our meal to find the restaurant close and a note on the door saying close due to alterations, if they knew they were going to close they should have informed us they were going to be closed and we could have booked another restaurant as it was our anniversary.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

Nice compact restaurant, fantastic food , great service . Good choice of starters, main course and wonderful desserts ( blueberry cheesecake ) couldn't fault anything .

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my elderly mother and family at Lunchtime on a Saturday.
The girl who served us was obviously learning and hardly knew anything. However she was not afraid to apologise and inform us that she would find out. It would be nice if she had known what the menu was or what type of alcoholic drinks were available. Just basic knowledge would have been an advantage I would have thought.
However the food was perfect. My wife is one of the fussiest people on the planet when it comes to steak. It has to be rare to almost blue. Mine has to be week done with no pink. My mother is even more peculiar in her food requirements. The food was spot on and excellent value for money.
I agree with previous reviews that the place is tired looking but the rating I have given for the food quality. We will all be returning next time I visit Barry.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

Thank you Chaplins for a lovely Sunday Lunch recently. Very attentative server so no request was a problem. Young chef delivered a delicious lunch. None of this pre cooked and sliced meats like the Cherry Orchard. Vegetables and gravy were perfect. My mother enjoyed her meal very much. She has a terminal illness no appetite isn't always good but even she asked for extra broccoli and ate everything. Bill was an absolute delight for eight of us. Have not paid so little in a very long time. Really well done.