“Terrible Experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Millington
Reviewed 23 August 2017

From the start upon checking it was a disaster my room and rate was changed without prior noticed, no management was on duty the entire day or weekend during my stay and the Hotel does not HONOR nor back their 100% guarantee stay. I definitely will not be staying again at this property. Had to contact Hilton Corporate at least 5 times to get the General Manager engaged, and on the phone to address the situation and still after 3 weeks we didn't speak directly with the GM. Never understood why this issue couldn't be resolved at the lowest level as possible, the front desk clerk indicated that they could not adjust anything without talking to the Manager first, which he was off for the entire weekend (which does a traveler and their family no good) if he's out all weekend! The front desk threaten to have my Family removed from the hotel if we didn't come back down and let them swipe our Gov't Travel Credit Card again, after we had the initial Gov't/Military Family Rate. The front desk clerk had said she made a mistake and only charged us Gov't/Military Family Rate for $98.00 and since it was the only type room left, that we would be charged for a King Bed Studio that was $139.00. I thought it was unfair to charge us the regular rate of $139.00 if we had already had a confirmation # and reservations for $98.00, however the Front Desk Clerk said that since it was the last room to be sold we had to pay $139.00 or leave! We just took it up with Hilton Guest Services and Corporate and let them handle it since the General Manager was never responsive nor did he address our concern. Can't believe they treated a Active Duty Military Family like that. But its ok, we have plenty of Military people transferring there and we'll just recommend they stay at the Navy Lodge on base there in Millington, at least your rate will be honored and not changed.

Room Tip: All Military Personnel Transferring Do Yourself A Favor and Stay at the Navy Lodge or Gateway Inn, C...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stayed for business, was exactly what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn, clean, efficient, friendly staff. Would stay there again if I have to travel back to the area in the future. There are a number of restaurants nearby which is also convenient.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Greeted promptly and efficiently at check in. Room was clean and well prepared. Ultra comfortable bed. Quiet room,slept peacefully. Breakfast ok. Check out went smoothly. If you want a peaceful overnight outside Memphis give them a try, you won't regret!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Nice town, quick check in and the room was clean and smelled great. Everything you'd expect from a Hampton inn. Would definitely stay here again if I come back. Also they have a hot breakfast in the morning. Also the kids loved the pool.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a family gathering. Day one - room not cleaned. Advised front desk - they said I had the do not disturb sign on too late (11 am) so they weren't going to clean the room after that. I thought I was on vacation. I didn't realize I had to accommodate the housekeeper's schedule. No 100% satisfaction guarantee offered.

The pool was murky and needed a deep clean.

The rooms were paper thin. Could hear every single thing in the hallway.

The staff was rude in a passive aggressive manner. I'm not sure what that was. They said "ok" and then did nothing about resolving the problem. I don't know how to feel about that except that I don't like it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank toptip1000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millington
1.1 km away
27.8 km away
River Inn of Harbor Town
River Inn of Harbor Town
#1 of 139 in Memphis

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Millington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK