All reviews loose box restaurant with rooms tidal estuary restaurant staff stunning location stable block lamb century church cockles old church picton castle cooked breakfast lovely surroundings smoked haddock lovely walk hidden gem fine dining
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Chose to stay for a long weekend specifically as it was quirky with all rooms being different and was not disappointed. Staff are brilliant and a couple of minor issues were easily sorted. Well worth a visit and the restaurant is excellent.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We arrived and staff were very accommodating showing us a variety of rooms. We settled on an upstairs room with a view over the water.
While the room was a little tired it was pleasant and comfortable with a good size bed. The room had a bath and shower though water heat and pressure were a challenge. Meals were good with a choice of wines in a variety of price ranges. Waiters did not push us toward expensive wines. Our ability to walk was limited so we didn't enjoy one of the features of the location. We did, however, drive the beautiful countryside visiting small towns off the usual tourist route.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank VancouverCityPlan
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Attended a wedding reception here on fine but very cold day - about 80 guests were kept waiting outside in the cold whilst some photographs were being taken. Apparently, it had been promised that guests could wait in the (heated) marquee during this time but this never happened , The food was good and fairly well presented, but the service was abysmally slow - so much so that quite a few had to leave before the meal was over - even before the wedding cake was cut! I would appear that not enough staff were in attendance to achieve good standards of table service.
General view? Under performing and a disappointment - management needs to get a firmer grip on things and improve its standards and approach urgently.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter Geoffrey W
George B, General Manager at Slebech Park Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

This review is completely at odds from the very positive feedback from the most important people, the Bride and Groom.
I am certainly not going to go into any detail, or any planning that was agreed for the day, that is private matter as far as I am concerned and is not for public viewing.
The marquee was available.
The service was not slow at all.
And no one left before the food was finished.
Unless it is cleared or agreed with from the Bride or Groom it is not your place to publish such an opinion.
This is such a private occasion I will not comment further at this present time.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We were staying nearby and came here for dinner. It is set in beautiful grounds, worth a stroll round. We had drinks first in the little mezzanine bar above the restaurant whilst we looked at the menu. There was a very reasonably priced menu of the day but we treated ourselves to what we fancied from the a la carte menu. Every course was delicious, definitely one of the nicest meals i have ever had. What really made the evening was the staff, they were all quite young and seemed to enjoy their job, they were knowledgeable and worked so well together in a busy environment, they really did exceed expectations. I would love to come back if i didn't live so far away.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I love Slebech park, I love the setting and I love walking around the grounds. Me and my family came here for the Victorian high tea on Sunday the 7th October. We have been here numerous times before and we always choose the Victorian high tea because it is so good! However, this time around I was a bit disappointed. When we arrived the restaurant was so cold, we were debating whether it was colder inside or out, also it was pretty dark too we were sitting at the back of the restaurant with no lights on and not next to a window. The food wasn't as good as it normally is..the edges of the sandwiches were hard and dry which suggested that they had been sitting out for some time. The sausage roll and pork pie were different to last time, they looked and tasted shop bought but I hope they weren't. The cherry cake, lemon cake and scones were lovely and moist and tasted good. All in all I'm just disappointed because we've had better from here and for it to cost £100 for 4 people it seemed a bit on the expensive side for the quality of food we received.

Trip type: Travelled with family