“Great location, great room”

Trearddur Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed in a refurbished room, which was excellent. We had a balcony from which you could see the sea, across the car park and the main road. The bed was wonderful, and the room was full of nice touches such as being able to adjust the tv so you could watch it from bed or on the sofa. We had a great breakfast, the only downside was cold toast, but where do you ever get hot toast ? We got a fairly good rate, as it was January, but I'd think twice about staying in high season when the rates are a lot higher.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shaunsouthern

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed for one night whilst visiting the area. The public areas are stunning and having stayed in the newly refurbished rooms we were disappointed to be in an old fashioned dated room. It was spotlessly clean and large with a seaview. We had a meal in the inn bar i had prawn cocktail which was slightly bland but prawns were fresh and it was a lovely big portion. I then had steak cooked perfectly with huge chunky chips and a divine blue cheese sauce. I have a 3 month old baby and the staff were very helpful when he needed a warm bottle. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. The sausages were rubbish and as it was buffet style everything had dried up a little. They also ran out of mushrooms however they were replaced after 10 minutes. The thing that dissapointed me was there was only fried eggs which i hate although the staff would pobably have remedied this if asked as they were lovely apart from being confused as my dads wife. It was a lovely stay nut once the rooms are all finished iy will be worth the money. I am super fussy as i am a hotel manager and i enjoyed myself

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank lovely1705
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Was slightly disappointed on our visit. Took my two youngest in for a meal after school on Thursday, I usually love this place in the winter (I avoid like the plague in the summer!), the service usually improves tenfold and the food is always better, but not it seems this year. I had to ask to be served at the bar even though there were four staff 'having a gossip' in the waitress cubby & the personal chat continued whilst I was being served, I always feel the customer should be given sole attention when being served & having a bar steward more or less ignoring me always irritates.
The menu was a standard issue JW Lees type, with items on that you can run your finger down & practically give them the order codes for (I have been in the catering business for over 20 years). I asked for the specials only to be told they 'weren't doing any tonight'. Shame as I really didn't fancy anything off their menu. I eventually ordered the Tomato & Vegetable Broth for myself, their choice of children's meals as usual was a very decent selection & my youngest had the bacon chop with egg & chips & my middle daughter had the scampi, I also ordered chips & cheese to go with my broth.
The scampi, soup & chips arrived in reasonable time but I had to go and ask to see where the bacon chop was to be answered with a curt 'it's coming' and it did, 5 minutes after the rest of the food.
My soup was delicious although not a broth as stated more of a base tomato soup with raw vegetables thrown in but I liked it so no worries, my daughters meals were also fine & as stated and enjoyed although all the 'chunky' chips were so fat that they were not cooked in the middle & an the cheese on mine was a cold congealed lump so they were left.
Once the food had been deposited we didn't see another member of staff at all and we are slow eaters. No on came to ask if it was okay and we actually left the building without even being noticed (we had paid!).
All in all the food was okay, nothing spectacular. The service - dismissive I'd say and although we will probably go back at some point I would say it's somewhere to go if you cant be bothered to cook, not for an 'occasion'.
Soup, Cheesy Chips, Child's Bacon Chop, Adults Scampi, 2 Diet Cokes & a Large Glass Of White Wine - £36.00 apx

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Darkcompass
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The hotel has had a long overdue facelift in 2011, I have visited a few times in the last few years as a business traveller.

To echo previos comments about the noise, its quite unacceptable.

Whilst a fair sum has been invested in the decor, where it was most desparately needed was sound insulation between floors.

Having been rudely woken by people simply moving around and using the toilet in floors above, I couldn't wait to leave.
So awake at five am, five-thirty am, and again at six thirty am - then gave up and took a shower.

This is NOT a noisy guest issue, its a room quality issue - in the main building middle floor you can clearly hear those above taking a leak in the toilet.

No amount of pretty imitation flowers will compensate such a lousy nights sleep.

I would give it a miss, its prettier but no better.

Room Tip: Try another hotel?
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Plutonium
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This is a superb hotel. We just stayed for one night. Our room was clean with coffee/tea making facilities and a view of the sea.We only paid £80 which was good value.This included a beautiful cooked breakfast.All hot and not left under those wretched heat lights which keep nothing either hot or fresh.We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was great.£26 per person for three courses all beautifully cooked and served.We had a bottle of Malbec for £14-excellent.
We did not use the pool due to us having colds but we inspected it and it is great-clean and warm!
Overall we will return!

Room Tip: Go for second floor rooms which are big.Those at the end look right over the sea with a balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge
22.3 km away
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK