Firstly the staff could not have been more friendly, helpful, polite and caring.
Secondly do not be put off by first appearances, there is an attached derelict business which is nothing to do with the Motel at all but does give a very bad first impression from the car park, please do not let this put you off.
The rooms are clean, warm and dry and to be fair basic, but what more do you need from your motel room? Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of room to move around. Proper iron and ironing board available in each room and hair dryer. Bedding is white and clean and the ensuite is also white and clean. The room is nicely and inoffensively decorated and pleasent enough to spend time in if needed. Please note I said warm, we visited during February and warm was most definitely needed. That said the radiator which is the source of heat was thermostatically controlled and for those of you with warmer blood than mine it could be turned down.
Food is simple and the menu not extensive however what they do in the Driftwood restaurant is done well and cooked to perfection. The welsh beef steak was very tasty and they understand the term "Blue" (many places do not) which shows the Chef does know what they are doing. Portions are toward the large size, you do not leave hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family run motel that offers great value accommodation in the heart of Trearddur Bay, Anglesey. We are just short stroll from Trearddur Bay's beautiful blue flag beach and only a 10 minute drive from nearby Holyhead. We have clean, modern rooms that are all en-suite with tea & coffee making facilities, a flat screen TV, hair dryer with free wifi and parking. Our bathrooms are fitted with showers and whirlpool spa baths, perfect to relax in after exploring the island or a day on the beach. Our Driftwood Restaurant & Bar serves delicious homemade food, local cask ales and our famous traditional carvery on a Sunday. For those using the ferry, we are happy to arrange late arrivals and early departures prior to your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beach Hotel Trearddur Bay
- The Beach Motel Trearddur Bay, Island Of Anglesey