1,651 results
All reviews the main hotel magical place hotel restaurant bridge house overlooking the estuary watch house day trippers complimentary sherry tv series self catering village rooms italianate village neptune suite chantry row port meirion sitting room january blues
Reviewed 11 October 2015

It would be difficult to fault a stay in Portmeirion but the hotel didn't quite meet the standard we expected.

The rooms are perfectly adequate but it it a bit of a rabbit warren and our room was a fair way from the reception - the view however from the room across the estuary was superb.

The staff were mostly friendly and efficient but on two occasions I had to ask twice for something I had ordered, but which had not arrived. This was particularly irritating at breakfast. Although the restaurant wasn't very busy, I had to wait far too long to be asked if I wanted tea or coffee - I then the waiter forgot the order!

A restaurant manager might be a useful addition to the staff.

1  Thank London A
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

I really like it here and have stayed here 3 times. In general staff can't do enough for you the food other in the hotel and the castle is great. It offers a great choice and when staying you can choose to eat in either.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2015

Whilst on holiday here we decided to book a meal at the hotel. Having stayed and eaten here many times in the past it was nice to return.
The food is excellent and we found the overall service very good.
We ate off the Table D'Hote menu which I thought was very limited in choice.The A la Carte offers a wider choice but at a supplement. Dinner off the Table D'Hote menu is £40 per person for a three course meal. A nice evening, with drinks the meal came to £110, not cheap!

Room Tip: Village Rooms are nice, we prefer Watch House
1  Thank Carl T
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We spent a weekend in a village suite, Anchor 1, with beautiful views over the estuary, and dined at both the Castle and the hotel. It definitely exceeded our expectations. The accommodation was characterful and comfortable. The food at both restaurants was wonderful and all the staff were pleasant, friendly and efficient. We certainly didn't experience any of the problems some previous reviewers have mentioned. The whole village is well kept and pristine. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a weekend here, it really is magical although I imagine it gets very busy at the height of the season.

Room Tip: Anchor 1 is very private with great estuary views close to the main hotel and on the top floor so no noise from above.
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Ok the fact that the weather was glorious probably helped but this is genuinely an amazing place...superb views, wonderful rooms , delightful restaurant with michelen quality food....

We left something behind and they found it for us a few days later and posted it back to us....thanks Mike.

they wanted information but I didnt give it .! I fell asleep and kept waking up in the same place....who was No 1?

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends