We were a party of seven staying for two nights over the weekend. We were given a very warm welcome by the friendly hosts and our stay was excellent. Wonderful food in the atmospheric basement which was once the local jail, the" posh fish pie" and the Thai broth were both outstanding. The four rooms which we were allocated were very comfortable with good facilities. The hotel is well placed for guests to explore the wonderful countryside and we enjoyed a walk to Barmouth on the Mawddach Trail (9 miles) and return by local bus. The hotel has no car park but we were all able to park quite easily close to the hotel. We all thoroughly enjoyed a great weekend thanks to the efforts of Mark, Nick and all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Y Meirionnydd Townhouse is a beautiful place to stay with the bonus of its own restaurant and bar in the centre of this beautiful Snowdonia town. Our three bedrooms and two suites are all en suite of course and feature White Company toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, free Wi Fi as well as many other little touches to make your stay as comfortable as possible.Add in superb, personal service, a lovely full breakfast and of course our superb restaurant for dinner and you have the makings of a perfect getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Y Meirionnydd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Y Meirionnydd Dolgellau, Wales
- y Meirionnydd Hotel Dolgellau