“NO LONGER TRADING IN ST DAVID’S WALK”

cibo @ st davids walk
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Mold
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 9
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cibo, pronounced (cheebo) is a traditional-style bistro serving dishes from around the globe it's main focus is on serving a quality breakfast, lunch and brunch menu with a daily specials board. Cibo is a quaint bistro in the centre of an historical market town and delivers quality fresh to order food and excellent service. At very busy times it can take a little longer for your food to arrive as like it says it is only cooked to order, but will be worth the short wait. Cibo is a licensed bistro serving beers and wines from around the globe to match up with the eclectic mix of food. The most popular dishes are the full breakfast and our own recipe Welsh Rarebit.The chefs at Cibo are very proud of the fact that all the food is home made from freshly baked bread ,down to the little details of ketchup,brown sauce,jams & marmalade .we do our utmost to cater for all dietary requirements including vegetarian/vegan and gluten free dishes. We are proud of the fact that as our food is cooked to order we can alter all of our dishes to suit customer needs. Cibo is an Italian word for food and this influence can be seen in many of our dishes.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Cibo is closed and is no longer trading at St David’s walk.
Rubens coffee shop have taken over the premises.

The owner of Cibo now has a cafe - ‘Latitude 53’ in Earl Chambers, Earl Road, Mold (same building as Mold Alehouse).

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My husband & I (and our little dog) have eaten here on many an occasion, and reading the reviews (good and bad) I just wanted to say that we've never had a problem with the owner, intact he's always been polite and chatty with us, we love the bread he makes and he was telling us how he came about making such unusual but gorgeous bread, there may have been a wait for the food (especially at busy times which is understandable) but it's always been of good quality and fresh, my husband adores the all day breakfast, and I love the ham & chutney sandwich, the ham is just gorgeous. We even got a bowl of fresh water and some ham for our dog! Im really at a loss as to some of the comments people have written and can only presume there was a clash of personalities, or perhaps they didn't like waiting for their food! Due to illness we haven't had the opportunity to call in since Christmas, and were gutted when we walked towards Cibo only to discover he had gone, and the building was now part of Rubens. I look forward to visiting in the new property very soon, especially as we always found our previous visits such a pleasure before.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast with my missus the other day. The new restaurant is a bit small so could be hard to get a table. Nothing the owner can do there though.
Had a full English, was all perfect, should include beans with the meal though, not extra cost.
Bloke who runs the place was polite and attentive.
Only two good places for breakfast in Mold, either Latitude (new name) or the garden centre, but a bit out of town, the rest are greasy spoons.
Hope the owner makes a good go at it. Should open Sundays for breakfast though! Makes good business sense.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Dreadful place. Dirty,smelly and food overpriced and very poor quality. Avoid the place. I await a reply from keyboard warrior and clown of Mold namely Ian Purcell.

7  Thank stevebennion
919Ian, Owner at cibo @ st davids walk, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Oh bless you ,you are very special also, like the review before this one , obviously made
this review up just to get a reply.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I did this review previously but the owner had it removed, citing I had been to another venu and not to his. So, for the record, THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT CIBO @ ST. DAVIDS WALK - FACT.

I used to frequent this place but moved from the area. I visited again in December, before it closed. The place was filthy, absolutely filthy. The walls and doors were greasy and the windows opaque with filth. I ordered a Paninni and it came out like a mashed-up pizza! Just a complete mess on a plate. I mentioned it to our waitress and she said she would 'bring it to the attention of the chef'.

Like others, I do not believe there is a chef. Yes, there are pictures of a sparkling clean chef and lovely food but a picture is a picture and what you actually get is far from what is portrayed. My partner had a sandwich and left 2/3 of it because it was taseless and, like my meal, a mess on a plate.

A dirty and awful venue, extremely poor food and an owner who very obviously doesn't give a damn.

Dear owner, I wrote this not as a 'keyboard warrior' but as someone that is so disappointed in what you offer and what you say that I feel it my social duty to inform others.

11  Thank DavidW12274
919Ian, Owner at cibo @ st davids walk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hello again David, You must have been a very good patient they have let you have a go at the keyboard again.
You say that the place is filthy and food very poor , really I think not.
You only have to look at the reviews David "that's if they will let you play for that long!"
to see that your little minded review is just a drop in the ocean.
Next time you and your partner are let out to play in the Mold area I suggest you visit specsavers there is one in the town that's probably why you didn't spot the 5 star hygiene rating we had just recently been awarded that is displayed clearly at the entrance. Bless you, you really are special FACT !!!