“Horrible place to rest and RUDE MANAGER!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar

Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar
Ranked #20 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
aannie11
“Horrible place to rest and RUDE MANAGER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My first night was a nigh mare. I head the loud train ALL night almost every hour. I also did not get a wake up call as I requested and over slept. I did change rooms and could not hear the train but the AC was broke and sounded like a car running and ticking! After 2 days of pure exhaustion from no sleep, I took 4 hours naps after my work as I was on pure breakdown and miserable. I did video tape the train issue and the ac issue and went to speak to the manager.
His name was MATT and I spoke to him and told him I had never ever complained since I have worked as a travel nurse but this was the worst ever. Matt was very rude as told me " you should have seen the train tracks when you came in" EXCUSE ME? I DID NOT SEE THEM. He said the ac sounded like a regular ac unit and I told him not in my home! WHAT A WASTE OFMY TIME AND MY VISIT WAS PURE MISERY! Matt told me " if you are so unhappy maybe you should go somewhere else. AND he said maybe in the future I should stay somewhere else and it would be best for the HOTEL...DEAR GOD..A RUDE MAN. I do plan on filing a formal complaint with BBB and corporate. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE>

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train and not under the management of a man named MATT! And make sure...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aannie11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I'm not a particularly hard sleeper, and I never heard any trains, though I did notice the ear plugs on the nightstand and thought that was odd. Like most Hampton Inns, the accommodations were comfortable and clean but nothing special. I didn't feel that the service here was particularly great. No one was rude, but they didn't go above and beyond either. The "gym" had 1 elliptical-type machine, 1 kind of scary treadmill, and 1 recumbent bike. I'm 5'3" and thought I might hit my head on the ceiling while I was on the treadmill.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kleverkira
Laguna Niguel, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I awoke 6 times during the night due to the train whistles.
I wish I would have noticed the very nice ear plugs on the nightstand the night before.
All was redeemed at breakfast however, when they provided a 'brown bag' breakfast to go!
A nice touch for the busy traveller in a hurry.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HRHofOC
Upland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This Hampton has easy access to all the major freeways and close to several restaurants - especially across the street next to the Mercedes dealership. This does not have a laundry or one nearby it does however have a great breakfast with the best donuts in the world from Gibson's donuts every morning. If you have the choice select a room away from the front of the hotel as the street noise can be loud at night.

Room Tip: Away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank highwaytrip
London,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We were prewarned about the noise from the trains so we took that in our stride. To be honest it was'nt that much of a problem for us,we just rolled over and went back to sleep. We were on vacation so we could afford to lie in. Otherwise everything was perfect for our stay.

• Stayed May 2012