“Awesome barbecue”

Ranked #9 of 1,493 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Amazing ribs. I got half dry and half wet rubbed ribs. They were awesome. Potato salad was great and beans were good. Parking isn't real great but hey you can put up with a little hassle for good cooking. Seating isn't real plentiful so may have to wait unless the weather is nice then you can sit outside.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

This place is great. The ribs (dry rub) are delicious. We also had tasty sides. (Mac & cheese, greens). Went for a late lunch 4:00 and did not have to wait. This is not to be missed

Reviewed 13 January 2017

This place has great atmosphere. The staff was great. We had the sliced beef brisket. It was so tender and delicious. Recommend when in Memphis, TN

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

A trip advisor search led me to Central BBQ amongst the numerous Memphis barbecue joints. We opted for not the original location on Central but one closer to I-40. As we expected it was a newer satellite location in a converted chain restaurant. But well decorated and clean. Appeared to have a regular neighborhood crowd and many take out customers. I had pulled pork. My friend had the ribs. We both liked our choices. We both had collard greens and Mac and cheese. There were no leftovers. We have tried other Memphis BBQ and while not an expert, this was as good as any we have had and a more attractive dining environment .

1  Thank raven46
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

First time at Central, I have eaten at many other Memphis area barbecue restaurants.
Had half slab of ribs, half dry and a half wet. Ribs were excellent ... and the sides were good too, I had beans and french fries. They say they make their own fries but they were dusted / seasoned, which I generally don't really like.

They are a Pepsi restaurant so I drank water.