“Great location on Beale, good food and service. No charge for live music.”
Review of Alfred's on Beale

Alfred's on Beale
Ranked #170 of 1,493 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Really enjoyed this place. The food (burgers and so forth) were good and the service efficient.

No cover charge for sitting in and enjoying the live music, which was great. Sit and watch the band, or grab a table by the window and watch the world go by on Beale, day or night.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

For two afternoons, we had cocktails here sitting on the upper level patio above Behl Street. A very nice setting where you can people watch from above.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We opted to eat on the rooftop of Alfred's because it allowed us to have a chat while we ate and still enjoy the live music across the street.

The server was super friendly, but the food when it showed up was not properly hot so I guess had been awaiting collection from downstairs for quite a while.

I had the 'world famous' ribs which were pretty average really as well as pretty cold.

If they had a system whereby the food was taken to the rooftop area while it was still hot they might get more repeat business.

It's a shame such as nice location was marred by something as basic as the temperature of the food served.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Just had drinks but great to sit upstairs and people watch. Server was very friendly and personable. Drinks were decent. Very relaxing afternoon stop.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I was in Memphis Elvis week and was to have 2 tkts to the George Kline Show at Alfred's on Beale Street in Memphis. I booked these in Feb. I asked for a confirmation # or a listing # so I was sure we have 2 tkt for this show. Never received one.
In July I called to see if times or anything had changed, and they did not have my name anywhere for a reservation and I was told that this was sold out.
I wanted to talk to the manager and left my #. In a few days I got a call back and said they could add our names if we could come eat at 3:30 pm. I said ok. Then the end of July I received a phone call from "someone in charge" and asked why my name and # was sitting my their phone...was I wanting a reservation or something. I was livid. But I was nice to the lady on the phone and told her the above. She was calling me back in a while. 3 hrs later I called her back and was told yes there was a "spot" for us at 3:30 pm for the show and she was sorry. I again asked for a reservation#. none given.
Knowing the Presleys, I wanted to make sure we saw George again, so went a little early the day of the show to see when we could just come in and sit down since it was so hot,. This was around 2:15 pm and was told we could not come in till around 3-3:15 to come back. I asked if my name was on the list and she could not find it...but after I spelled my last name 4 time (WHITE) a hard one they found it for 2 people!!
We came back at 10 after 3 and were lead to a table by the bar behind the poles. I said you are kidding...I booked this in Feb and we are over here...could not see a thing at all!! I wanted to talk to the lady I spoke to on the phone when all this happened and she was not employed at another restaurant. Really??? So I asked for the manager to come and speak to us about this. The girl that I asked to get him said he is busy...I told her I wanted to speak to him and she said to me..."well others booked this a year in advance and I should not have waiting till a week before to book this. By this time I had had enough....he would not come out...if he was even asked too....and she was so rude saying this to me...I said forget it...I am leaving..so we left.
I know that Elvis came there occasionally NYE (I was with him and his group a few times there) I have never been talked to or treated like this in my life.....esp with a guest with me no less.
I know it is too late now...but I am still fuming over this matter....I want you to know what type of people you have there and how they treat guests...You lost $100 and they lost a huge tip. I usually tip $20 or more. Being a travel agent I will not recommend anyone coming there. And I will probably put this on Trip Adviser...