“Best ribs and catfish ever!”
Review of Blues City Cafe

Blues City Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blues City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,627 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 15
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2ND STREET
Transit: Bus and Taxi pick up and drop off are done directly across the street from our front door along with a Trolley Stop about one block away.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband had barbequed ribs here and at the Rendezvous. He liked the ribs at the Rendezvous, which were cooked with a dry rub, but he said he preferred the Blues City Café ribs because they were moister. I LOVED the catfish at the BCC. I'm not one for breading but they put a light cornmeal crust on the catfish that is delicious and the catfish itself is so light it falls apart as you are eating it.

1  Thank juliesaunt

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I was expecting some great ribs and they were average at best. They were cooked well but nothing else stood out. No distinguishing flavor or something to make me want to come back. And the sides like beans and slaw also very average and something you can get anyplace.

Lots of awards and reviews of greatness but nothing that I tasted makes my want to comeback or tell others to stop in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Called in to listen to the band. Stay up at the bar- friendly staff. Drinks served in plastic cups was a slight downer but I guess saved the washing up! We did not eat here but others seemed to be tucking in. The band were very enthusiastic and gave us a great introduction to the Memphis evening scene. Overall Beale Street was busy but not rough- we felt perfectly comfortable walking around the area in the evening.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I went here twice. The second time was a long line (which is a good sign). Huge portions! The cheese fries are listed as an appetizer for a low price but don't be fooled! These can feed 4 people easily! Had the IRON SKILLET SHRIMP the first time there and THE BEST MEAL ON BEALE COMBINATION PLATTER my second time. Excellent and worth the line! Try to get seated in the high tops in the bar next to the restaurant when a band is playing.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We only stopped for a coffee and it really was difficult to get a table. It’s noisy and it took a while to be served, but the bustle of the place created a good atmosphere.