“Great chance find”

Central BBQ Summer
Ranked #36 of 1,581 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in after visiting the civil rights museum. Loved the atmosphere, quick service, simple menu and fantastic ribs and nachos. Relaxed, friendly, tasty, good value and as the one place we'll have eaten in Memphis, we were very happy.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Great barbecue restaurant easily accessed from midtown Memphis. This is one of our family 's favorite places to eat. The bbq is great and the sides are good too!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

As a lifelong Memphian, I may be a bit picky with my BBQ, but the Summer Ave location of Central BBQ was my choice for a birthday lunch with co-workers recently. Great BBQ, several sauce styles to keep everyone happy, and lots of room in the dining area to minimize any wait time even during peak hours.

My "best value" pick is the pork plate with a side salad, though if cost isn't a concern, go with the ribs all day long. Memphis style pulled pork or Memphis style ribs, can't really get any better BBQ than those!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

First off - I'm a beef brisket person.

I have also lived in South Carolina, I currently live in Texas and I have also been to Kansas City.

This is some of the best beef brisket that I have ever had. Moist and flavorful. Thinly sliced. It is everything that you could possibly ask for ( aside from a straight up order of burnt ends).

If you are in Memphis, I highly recommend Central BBQ.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Well I have been to Central BBQ many times in my visits to Memphis. I have also been to all of there locations there. When I go to Memphis atleast one meal is going to be ribs. What I look for is fall off the bone meat with good side. Ribs are very good!!! tender with mild seasoning flavor and smoke. Baked beads are forreal with chucks of meat in them the way it should be. Potato salad is good but not off the chart. I'm not a fan on lining up and orderering then going to table to wait. I also learned to order 2 beers to save time on getting up in line again.