“Delicious food”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The oldest delicatessen in Memphis in a historic building built in 1853. Enjoy lunch and dinner with a view of the mighty Mississippi. Tom Cruise filmed scenes from The Firm here. The restaurant has been in operation since 1976 and we proudly continue the breakfast and sandwich traditions set by Lee Busby When dining here be sure to try a country ham and egg sandwich on a southern style biscuit. We deliver on a retro lady Schwinn bicycle and via the Memphis transportation system. This historic establishment is family owned and cared for by Jon Hodge
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff, fun environment, pretty good sandwiches & milkshakes. Will visit again :)
Staff were eager to please. Very welcoming.

DrSilkes, Owner at Front Street Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Jennifer,
Thank you so much for visiting our little deli. Sarah, Herbert and Vern do an awesome job. The recipe for the milkshakes comes from the owner, Lee Busby who started the Front Street Deli 40 years ago. We continue his legacy and tell his story.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Wanted a good turkey sandwich to take on the river and have lunch, I choose this deli because of the reviews I read , I have never been more disappointed, the guy that made the sandwich was the only bright spot, whoever the guy was sitting there maybe the owner or manager didn't speak from the time I walked in until the time I left, he also chastised the employee in front of me for saying that he doesn't have any bags, which I found unnecessary and unprofessional, the turkey was the cheapest meat I have had since I was a boy , and what kind of deli says they only have one kind of turkey( Plain) no smoked,Cajun, ect...... you name it! They need to take the Deli name down!

1  Thank Patrick O
Reviewed 14 February 2016

There's only about 8 bar stools in this tiny place but the sandwich I got was very good. Try the turkey pimento cheese !

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Like seriously. ..seriously! This food is SO amazing!
We went for a walk and came across this little place and it was by far. ..the best deli restaurant I've ever been to!
I had the chef salad to top all chef salads I've ever had! And chef salads are my thing (besides how much I love chicken wings. ..but let's get back to the salad)
These two guys running the place went out of their way to craft this art work of a salad! And. ..and they were funny, great dancers (they dance while they prepare food! ) and the prices are insanely good.
My friend had some kind of orange sandwich. ..she loved.
Jericho had a huge sandwich as well. ..which he thought was to die for!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Small historic little place on the corner with good sandwiches and great shakes. Owners love the city and will share a lot of the local history when asked. Breakfast menu looked good....great value