“Live Music, Outdoor Seating, Electric Palm Trees”
Review of Silky O'sullivan's

Silky O'sullivan's
Ranked #33 of 1,509 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Although Beale Street is known for blues, they had a good rock band there when we visited. The neon palm trees were pretty cool. I had some very good gumbo, and my husband and I both had a fried oyster basket that was okay Good fries (which I don't eat) slaw, and little tiny oysters but they were out of season anyway) We sat outdoors, restrooms were indoors, and I saw a cool piano bar inside which looked like a place I'd go too. Alot of groups of young women, bachelorette parties I'm guessing, and one young women (with a friend taking care of her) throwing up inside one of the two stalls in the ladies room when I was there. Definitely not the restroom to have your head in the toilet with your knees on the floor. Pretty dirty. My husband said the men's room was even worse. Don't go if you are a clean freak! In fact, with so many choices on Beale Street, we wouldn't go back there because I'm sure their are other as good or better choices.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped by after a long day of traveling and were refreshed when we left. Waitress was friendly . Food and drinks came out quickly. Duo pianos were great fun with song requests encouraged. Will go again next time in town.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We were here 2 years ago definitely wanted to return. It was dueling piano night, we sat in the bar area. Drinks were very good, bartenders were friendly and quick.
Older piano guy was just flat out bored, upset, or whatever his excuse was but he was berating the customers after asking for $5 for every request and then talking trash about the requests made. After insulting my GF for wanting piano man she was ready to leave and we went spent our drinking money elsewhere. We saw several other tables get up and leave also. Bad night or whatever, what a waste and disappointment.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We didn't drink anywhere else but here. Great place, loved the goats and most of the staff. Very friendly great pint of harp. Defo go back if in Memphis again, would recommend it to everyone to go there

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stopped at Silky's on a recommendation from our daughter and we were not disappointed. There is a great open area just off the Beale Street entrance where you can relax, listen to music, have some drinks, and eat dinner. We did all of that

Been to Silky O'sullivan's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK