“Good Food... Very Good People”
Review of Curry Bowl

Curry Bowl
Ranked #90 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Let me start by saying I am a strict vegetarian so my reviews only reflect the Vegetarian options.

I visited this place and found their afternoon buffet to be a very good option. One can also take away during their buffet hours which is actually quite impressive.

Please don't expect the same taste as you get in India (good places).. as they have toned according to their clientele (global)..I would definitely recommend their buffet.. their breads need some improvement but overall I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

During my visit to Memphis I asked my friend of the best Indian in town. So we went to Curry Bowl and I was happily surprised. The lunch buffet is generous and the butter chicken is one of the best I had.

Service is normal and price is good of what you got. We paid around 25 for two.

I will visit again for sure.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We found this non-descript restaurant in a strip mall off a busy street. The decor was normal for an oriental restaurant . It took 10 minutes to place a drink order. Luckily, the food was on a buffet and we could serve ourselves. The buffet had over 20 times, most all in the Southern India style. Lots of good spices. We tried a small amount of each and all were excellent. We gave up on drink refills, even after waving at the surly waiter. We had to go to the cashier to get our bill and the cashier seemed upset that we did not have a ticket. For one of the few times ever, we did not leave a tip. The Curry Bowl is worth a trip for the food but expect to be treated badly.

1  Thank james k
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We had visited this restaurant specifically on a Thursday to enjoy the variety of Dosas that they offer on this day alone. It was our first visit to this place and the woman who was preparing the Dosas seemed to know what she was doing!!

All our family members enjoyed the different variety of Dosas that we had ordered. My SIL especially loved the "Upma Pesarattu" which she had never tried before. We also enjoyed the Mysore Masala Dosa as well as the 'Podi Dosa" and the plain "Onion Dosa". It was certainly a worthwhile visit for our entire family.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The decor and seating isnt great. Service ok. But food is excellent. I am going there to eat, not for the sideshow. Too many people review everything else. Its south indian fod mostly and pretty decent. Certainly best in Memphis.

Been to Curry Bowl? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK