“Great food”

Elwood's Shack
Ranked #15 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

This place is small, and always packed. For good reason the food is wonderful . The BBQ quesadilla and the fish tacos are so good. Worth the wait , if there is a line .

1  Thank MrsRRP

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

This place resides on the end of a Lowe's parking lot and apparently has existed far longer that the franchise home store ever will.

A small, local eatery with a personality bigger than life. The help was cheerful and efficient and truly seemed to enjoy thier work. The food was far more delicious than you would expect in such a small place. I had the fish taco and it was a meal all by itself, no sides required.

There were plenty of other options so I'll have to come back and sample more of the menu.

This is not fine dining, more of a diner/tiki bar feel. Don't get dressed up, just show up and eat. No alcohol at all so its a soft drink kind of place. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank bim55
Reviewed 14 November 2017

You'll need GPS guidance to get to the restaurant and you may think about skipping it once you see the place, but take a deep breath and go in. The food is fabulous. The people are very friendly and helpful, and you won't get a better BBQ anywhere. The atmosphere is great - lots of local color. You'll love it.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I just went to Elwood's yesterday for the first time. I moved to Memphis just a few months ago and have been to dozens of restaurants so far, and I have to say that lunch at Elwood's is my best quick lunch meal by far! We came as a group of 3 and ordered 3 of the top dishes - steelhead trout fish taco, the reuben, and the bbq pulled pork pizza. I wasn't a huge fan of the reuben, but I don't really like any reubens. The pizza blew my mind! I am in love and will definitely be going back!

It is a tricky place to find - it is basically located on the side of the Lowe's parking lot off of Summer - but it was a great meal for a sunny day! Will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I came in late while passing through the city; the staff was helpful in suggesting their best. I love good dry rub ribs and can rarely find them; they had good ones as well as a rocking pork BBQ sandwich.
I had trouble finding it; it is tucked behind other stores and accessed by a small entrance between 2 of them.

1  Thank Jonathan H

Been to Elwood's Shack? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK