“Nice viait”

Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Four of us went here for dinner. We had a nice time. Service was a little slow but not enough to complain. Good variety and small plates. Wine selection by the glass could have been better.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've been to Felicia Suzanne's several times over the past five years and always had an enjoyable meal and experience. My wife and I were visiting our two adult daughters in Memphis for the weekend so we booked an 8 pm reservation on a Saturday night anticipating a nice meal together.
We showed up a few minutes early for our reservation and we were told there would be a delay, which wound up being about 20 minutes. I understand that patrons run over and this didn't really bother me except for the fact that there was an open 4 top table right next to where we were waiting yet this table seemed to be unavailable.
Also I noticed that they had placed two tables in the open area in front of the bar and there were probably 20 people or more seated and looking like they were going to order. I saw that this might be a disaster for us and unfortunately this proved to be true.
After being seated we ordered some wine and it took a very long time to get our drinks. It looked like our server was the only person working so when she finally brought us our drinks I asked her to let us go ahead and order. We ordered the salmon deviled eggs and a charcuterie plate for an appetizer and then some mid sized plates and snapper for our entrees. It seemed like forever to receive our deviled eggs, at which point I pointed out to the waitress how long we had been waiting. The Charcuterie plate eventually made it's way out some time around 9:30, or an hour and a half after our original reservation. At 9:50 our entrees had failed to appear at which point we decided to bail. My oldest daughter is a resident at Methodist hospital and she was exhausted from her shift which just made matters worse.
I will compliment the restaurant for deciding not to charge us, although I had a $50 gift certificate from open table which would have covered most of what we had ordered up to that point anyway.
It was obvious that the massive group in the hallway dominated the resources of the staff and kitchen. There were plenty of other places we could have eaten dinner and if the restuarant was going to be that full they should never had given us a reservation. To me this was the acme of rudeness and really frustrated me to no end. I'll never go back here again.

1  Thank elmovol
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Felicia may have cooked under Emeril - but she is probably nowhere to be found I this kitchen. Shell grit in the Oysters Rockefeller, carpaccio that was so stale and thick - you almost choked on it. I was told they hand cut it and pound the eye of round. Who the hell prepares it like that? Your freeze the tenderloin or eye of round (depending on what quality you are serving) and slice it thin with a meat slicer. Amateurs or just lazy. I have eaten carpaccio across North American and this was hands down the WORST I have ever experienced. Shut your doors Felicia - you are doing no favours serving dog food to Memphis diners. Oh...the waiter spent more time chatting with 1 person at the bar and we had to go get our bill from him. MIA.

1  Thank Chris K
Chef_Felicia, Owner at Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for bring this to my attention Chris. I am so sorry that you didnt enjoy your evening with us. Did you let your waiter know that you were not pleased with your meal? I would had gladly removed those items from your bill and gotten you something else. I Please let me know if you would like to come back and see us so we can make it up to you. Enjoy your evening.
Felicia

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We wanted a nice place to have a couple of drinks in the evening and this was the perfect spot. Great service from Linton and it served Grouse whisky and good beer.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I came here with colleagues for dinner on a Tuesday night. It was towards the end of the evening service and the place wasn't too crowded. The waiter was very good with lots of good recommendation. I ordered a Fried Green Tomato Salad that was quite tasty but large. He recommended that I get a half portion of Shrimp and Grits (also delicious) that was definitely the right call. Well worth a visit if you're in downtown Memphis.

Chef_Felicia, Owner at Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you so much for the kind review! Please come back and see us if you're ever back in Memphis! Pop your head in the kitchen and say hello--- we love to see our guests!

Thanks again,