“I just don’t get it?”
Review of Paulette's

Paulette's
Reserve with OpenTable
Paulette's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,567 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 34
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Island Drive
Description: One of Memphis's favorite restaurant's for the last 42 years, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also available for private parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners and business functions. Serving French and American Cuisine with a Southern flair. Located at the AAA four diamond rated River Inn of Harbor Town Boutique Hotel.
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

First nice dining restaurant my wife and I came to here in Memphis, and found it lacking? I have been to many that are over priced, this is not. I have been to some that have annoying owners, woof, awful owners! This does not. Some so pretentious it will make your eyes roll like dice! But what this French restaurant is lacking is bigger than all that! And that is flavor, which is a crime in the culinary word!
This restaurant is on an island out in the Mississippi and looks like the real deal when you walk into its luxurious confines! But don’t be fooled, it’s a proverbial smoke and mirrors! Our waiter was good, but not great? Especially for a fine dining establishment? He was personable but that was it. The man dropped popovers at our table and left them there. He also handed me our bread basket, instead of putting it on the table? In fact, he called 3 times for me to take it, which I did, but thought, I’m trying to enjoy myself here by talking to my wife and not by doing your job?
My wife had a nicely dressed goat cheese salad, but my crab stuffed mushrooms were simply flavorless? Just flavorless crab and mushrooms floating in tons of butter? I love tons of butter, don’t get me wrong, but I want flavor too! None to be found here? This also goes for my Crabmeat, Spinach and Crepes entree. NO FLAVOR? Beautiful presentation, made my mouth water, zero flavor? Ate half of this concoction and gave up on the rest! Wife had the Salmon that was also overcooked and was also, 86’d!
The place wasn’t too crowded, yet they pushed the food out like you were at McDonalds? We arrived, ate and finished in 40 mins? That was pretty much the fastest I’ve ever been in and out of a “supposedly” fine dining establishment. This restaurant can be great, but needs much work, both inside the kitchen and out!

3  Thank tdear666

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Had brunch today and it was not up to par. The eggs Benedict were good, but the burger at the table was a hockey puck almost. Shrimp and grits were okay. Service was a little slow for not having many tables at the time.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We stayed at the River Inn which Paulette's is attached to. We made dinner reservations the 1st night and had an equisite dinner with impeccable service. Our package at the River Inn included breakfast. Breakfast was amazing with excellent Eggs Benedict. Cheese Grits are the best I ever had. Fresh croissants and muffins come to the table as you wait for your breakfast order. Staff is so accomodating. When we visited, fresh roses graced the table as well as in vases in beautifully placed vignettes all over. Candles also burn round the clock, creating warm, hospitable, atmosphere and charm.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We always enjoy dining at Paulettes. The rooftop bar is fantastic, providing unbelievable sunsets! The dinner can't be beat, especially the Hungarian goulash.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The meal started with what at first glance looked like a cream puff but after inquiring I was told is a “popover”. It was a light and flaky pastry that when paired with their strawberry butter made an excellent alternative to a boring bread basket. I had the pleasure of dinning on a Wednesday evening which was Lobster night and as the price was reasonable I could not resist. I added on a 4oz filet so essentially turned it in to a surf and turf. The house salad followed the popovers and consisted of fresh greens, cherry tomatoes and a bit shredded carrot. It was dressed with olive oil and a delightful balsamic that left me wanting for more. Thankfully just as I finished the salad the entree arrived. The Lobster tail was well prepared and not overcooked as was the filet. The filet while melted in my mouth and was a perfect compliment to the lobster tail when dipped into the drawn butter. The standard sides were red potatoes and squash based vegetable medley. I would definitely return and would make this a top spot for a romantic dinner next time the opportunity arises.

Been to Paulette's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK