“The best BBQ ever!”

Central BBQ
Ranked #26 of 1,567 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We will be back! Great BBQ sauce, but the banana pudding is enough to make you want to go back. Across the street from the Civil Rights museum.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The ribs are just amazing. You can get them with or without sauce. I recommend with sauce, but use your own judgement. The banana pudding is absolutely wonderful and the wings look tasty. Service is good and friendly. Only complaint I have, is having a TIP line on receipt when you have to pay before you eat. I would highly recommend Central BBQ on Butler to anyone.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Had a good dinner here - husband tackled the dry rub ribs, and I enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich. We did not care for the BBQ sauces, which was ok since the entrees did not need them. A few sides we had (beans, slaw) were nothing special...but definitely get their homemade chips, they were great.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I love Central BBQ!! This place is simply amazing!! Every single time I step foot into Central BBQ I know what to expect REMARKABLE ribs!! Nothing short of the best ribs hands down!!

My husband and I ordered the ribs for two with sauce + sides are so yummy - Sides: greens, green beans, potato salad and onion rings

Sometimes we change up the sides and get baked beans and seasoned fries but I simply love Central BBQ greens!!

I'd recommend Central BBQ to anyone looking to tantalize their taste buds!

1  Thank Jacqui G
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Great Ribs! Sides not so good.

Had the 1/2 & 1/2 ribs for 2 with beans, cole slaw, mac and cheese and potato salad.

Ribs were excellent but would order all wet next time as the "dry" was too dry. Cooked to perfection, nice sauce, fall off the bone tender.

The mac & cheese tasted "out of the box". Beans tasted "out of the can" with japs added. No flavor to the cole slaw. The potato salad was the clear winner among these.

Might just ribs if I ever make it back and skip the sides.

Would recommend coming early. There on Saturday 6 pm and got in no problem. By the time we left they were lined up out the door.