“BBQ”

Central BBQ
Ranked #14 of 1,498 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We ordered ribs and pulled pork. They were delicious. The atmosphere is perfect too. I loved the Cole slaw. Didn’t have room for dessert so we got the deli Carmel cake to go.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great ribs and brisket. Worth a visit. Friendly staff. Great beer options. Beans were great. Potato salad tasty. Mac and cheese not to my liking but others seemed to like it.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Love eating at this establishment! Great Beer selection with a unique bar area. The wings are my personal favorite. I always choose a full order with half wet and half dry. These wings are the best smoked wings I've had. The BBQ nachos are delicious as well.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We chose Central BBQ because of proximity to the National Civil Rights Museum (225 feet!) and the reviews. We were not disappointed. We shared a slab of ribs and four sides of cole slaw, green beans, baked beans, and greens. The ribs were meaty and fell off the bone with a mild sauce on half and no sauce on the other, but a variety of sauces are provided. We loved all of the sides. There’s quite a selection of beers and we easily found two we liked. The service is friendly and the staff circulate to keep the tables clean. You order first and get a number and the food is delivered to your table. The ribs are slow cooked so you’ll be served as soon as it’s dished up. Our ribs could have been warmer, but very tasty. We’d definitely go back.

1  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I honestly don't know how there were other people ordering their own plate plus sides, because the portions are pretty big.

We went after visiting the Civil Rights Museum, so while we were hungry, we knew we wanted to hit up as many places as possible for BBQ while in town.

We just split a large Pulled Pork Sandwich (as it's what they are known for), mac & cheese, and beans. The sandwhich (we got the large size) was pretty massive, so glad we decided to split that. I like the crunch of the cole slaw, but did need to add some BBQ sauce. While the beans were good, I felt the mac & cheese was just OK? It lacked much flavor, and it's not as burnt as I usually like it to be.

The set up is one where you wait in line, place your order, then grab a seat and wait for your food. We were there when it wasn't too crowded, so not bad grabbing a table. However towards the end of our meal, a lot of people were sending their friends to claim a table, even if they were in the back of the line. I know it's hard to "police" that, and understand it's completely not the fault of Central BBQ, but even I as I finished my meal was getting annoyed people were grabbing seats.

Minor irritation aside, I would say the meal was really good, would just recommend splitting with people and being able to enjoy more BBQ food in the area.

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK