“Fantastic lunch”
Review of McEwen's On Monroe

McEwen's On Monroe
Reserve with OpenTable
McEwen's On Monroe is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,677 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2ND & MONROE
Transit: Main Street Trolley stop is less than half block from restaurant entrance. Trolley stop located at Monroe and Mid America Mall.
Reviewed 13 February 2019

We have stayed three times at the hotel next to McEwen's and never stopped to try it. This trip we did and wish we would have in the past. The lunch we had was excellent. I had the crab cakes and asparagus and everything was fresh and tasty. My husband had catfish special and said it was very good. Service was wonderful. The setting is nice and comfortable. If we return to Memphis, we won't walk past again, we will return!!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 9 February 2019

Have never had a bad experience here! Food is always very good, with prompt service and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 February 2019

McEwens on Monroe is my favorite restaurant in Memphis. That said, my most recent visit was a little disappointing. Upon arrival we were immediately seated the intimate dining room. I ordered my favorite entree....sweet potato encrusted catfish. However,
I was a little disappointed in the fish as it had a "fishy" taste not present other times. The meal, complete with the best mac'n'cheese and asparagus(my request) was very edible.
My husband had a filet which, as always, was fixed to his liking. We also shared a mouth watering wedge salad. We topped off the meal with a slice of McEwen's famous banana cream pie.
I’ll forgive the fish this time and will certainly return again.

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

My husband and I went out for a rare date night. We were seated promptly and drink orders taken. Old Fashioned to start for us both...they do not skimp on the liquor. Appetizer was black eyed pea hummus. It was a nice, tasty twist on a classic dip. My husband ordered the chorizo meatballs and I ordered the short rib pasta. Both were outstanding. Very different flavors but I preferred the pasta. Another round of drinks...again no skimpage. For dessert we had coconut cake. Perfect balance of cake and icing. Needless to say we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 16 January 2019

What a lovely dining experience! We had a party of ten before a concert and they were so accommodating; they set us up in the quaint wine cellar and we felt as though we had our own private dinner. Victoria was a great server - so attentive! Most of us ordered something different and the food was just fabulous! Also, they have small plates which made it easy to share with each other. Will DEFINITELY return!!!

Date of visit: January 2019

Been to McEwen's On Monroe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK