“Fantastic ribs!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 19 January 2015

My husband and I were in Memphis for the weekend for some R&R. While in town, and being from the Kansas City area, we wanted to try the Memphis BBQ. We were told to try International BBQ and Rendezvous. We went to International BBQ and were very disappointed. Their ribs were fatty and swimming in cold sauce. Unfortunately we weren't able to try Rendezvous as they were closed Sunday night. So we tried Double Js Smokehouse which was Very near The Cuvil Rights Museum where we were. We were pleasantly surprised. Their ribs had the pink smoked color, the outer layer had a crisp shell and they were very meaty and lean. Perfection! Would definitely eat here when in town again.

Reviewed 7 December 2014

This is where we went for lunch while visiting The National Civil Rights Museum. It is very close by. A $10 lunch special was on, I selected BBQ pulled pork and my husband BBQ Ribs. We had a choice of 3 sides. I chose salad which came as a starter then sweet corn & mash potato came with the pork. The meal was delicious and very generous would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

great service, great food... usually have met the owner when we go in - character of the place is fantastic... good ol bbq flavor. we love it!

Reviewed 13 November 2014

There are a lot of places to eat in Memphis and this is one of the best we just happened into. I had a burger and my husband had the ribs. Really delicious. We went back a second time because everyone is so friendly. My husband had a pizza....delicious thin crust and I had the pulled pork eggrolls. It was a terrific dining experience at reasonable prices. Good Bloody Mary's. Double J's seems to fly below the radar but we had a great time meeting some locals and enjoying the food!

1  Thank Penny843
Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

Fab fab fab. Great food great service and make sure you check out the bbq in the bk. This place did get busy but no wonder when the food was that good. Oh yeah the ribs are that good!!
We were actually recommended this place by the bus driver who was such a cool guy!!