All reviewsroom was cleansausage gravyoutdoor poolhacks crossfirst floorevery employeethe breakfast areachecking inoatmealsitting areamemphis areawould stay here againparking lotdowntownmorrisexpresswaysink
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Picked the Holiday Inn because you are usually safe with a known chain. Wrong this time with this facility.

The staff was very friendly and courteous and the lobby was clean. That is about as far as it went. Room was dirty, holes in carpet, holes in lamp shades, one of the pull tabs on curtains was broke off and sitting in window sill, and bathroom floor was sticky. My wife refused to take a shower rather than be in there.

Breakfast bar has food as advertised. Sitting in eating area was another story. I thought my shoe was caught on chair but upon further inspection, it was stuck in what was left of a rotting portion of carpet under our table. Sort of lost my appetite at that point. Bench seat next to ours were spotted and stained.

I am pretty easy going and maybe this was the perfect storm but i won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Turk282001
Andrew S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I will look into the issues that you stated. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, safe and friendly environment and I am sorry that we failed to deliver. We are currently in the midst of a full hotel renovation. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit.

Andrew Soltau

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We arrived late in the afternoon to find that for some reason, our booked room, had been cancelled. The lady working at the desk got everything taken care of for us.
The hotel was quiet and clean. EVERYONE was very pleasant. The King size bed was comfortable as well. The breakfast was very good. Plenty of towels and such. In the afternoons, early evenings in the lobby they would have water with either lemons or oranges and some cookies. The hotel is located right off the interstate. ( you could not hear the traffic)
I don't think I have ever had such a pleasant stay at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to let the staff know that you had a pleasant experience. We look forward to your next visit.

-Andrew

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Came to Memphis to visit Graceland. Two nights at this Holiday Inn Express. Loved the whole experience. The hotel is clean comfortable and quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived late but found the hotel just fine. Staff members were friendly. The hotel was quiet, clean and well-kept. Our king-size bed was very comfortable; it was medium-height, not like the tall beds that are in fashion. The comforter was medium-weight, not like the heavy duvets that most Holiday Inn Expresses now have. The free breakfast was standard fare for this chain and was adequately stocked and fresh.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were very impressed with the room, customer service, area and the coffee. It is out about 11 miles from the airport but didn't seem to be. Of course you couldn't hear any of the planes but we'll worth it. They have a very comfortable beds, plenty of towels and if you forgot your shampoo or body wash they have it in the room. We were not disturb by traffic even though it's close to the interstate. We will be definitely staying here again.

Stayed: June 2017
Andrew S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

evelynw201,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.