Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis
US$ 89
US$ 128
US$ 116
US$ 105
All reviewshospitality managementcentral avemedallion restaurantinteresting museumsuite hotelgreat breakfast buffetspacious lobbyliving room arealiberty bowlnice hotelfree breakfastroom numberking suitewould stay againmini fridgelocation was perfectpleasant stay
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Everything was GREAT from the staff to the food love it all.I will stay here everytimeI am in Memphis. The Young lady Ashley that checked me in was very friendly and had great customer service. Shenna checked me out and she was as lovely as Ashlye. My bed was soft as a cloud and the food was great.My watiress Verronica for breakfast was caring she asked me was i ok often which I loved about the service. I am coming back to Memphis in July foa my FAMILY REUNION and i will make sure i tell my family about the Memphis State Holiday Inn. Thank You for your great service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very well maintained. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Only complaint was no complimentary breakfast. Bed was very comfortable. Even though all rooms face the atrium, they are very quiet.

Room Tip: All suites so all the same
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The place was a bit upscale for a Holiday Inn so it was a pleasant surprise but the less than average service proved it was a Holiday Inn. My key card didn't work in the room that was provided and I was told my housekeeping to just call her when I wanted to enter my room. At 8pm there were no maintenance person available to fix the lock. After an hour the front desk decided to move me to another room which didn't have clean towels and a dirty toilet. She acted like I was an inconvenience to her evening and would barely look at me when I spoke to her. I asked for a conditioner since prior to this I was at the Holiday Inn in DT Memphis, turns out only DT hotels get conditioner. The answer to the conditioner was "we don't provide that service". The DT Memphis Holiday Inn wasn't as nice as this one but the staff was pleasant, they bent over backwards to ensure my stay was pleasant. Too bad the Univ of Memphis location thinks its too good to provide service.

Room Tip: Don't bother, they don't really care about service.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellingHK
Debbie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It is through guest comments that we are able to learn from our mistakes. This situation is truely not indicitive of the service we are capable of providing. I have met with the Housekeeping, Maintanence and Front Desk staff to address these concerns in an effort to avoid a similar situation. Although it is not a requirement of the brand, we have elected to provide conditioner to our guests going forward. The lock situation required a part be overnighted and it was fixed the next day after the guest departed.

Our entire staff regrets the situation and hopes you will not allow this isolated incident to tarnish your image of our hotel.

We hope to see you when you are in Memphis!

Debbie Cowgill

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel so that I would be at the University of Memphis for a business presentation the next day. I booked on my way to the hotel, so I was very surprised when the guest service associate offered me a lower price of $130.
When I got there to check in, she immediately told me about the awesome opportunities that being a Priority Club Member entails and when I signed up, I got 1,500 bonus points.
The suite was clean and crisp and the bed and pillows were soooo comfortable!!!
The only flaw was that the bathroom was a little bit smaller than I had expected and likewise the bathtub, but everything was clean and restocked.

The bad part about the room; The ironing board and iron were both completely useless. When you put water in the iron, it leaks unless it is on the highest setting and the ironing board is broken so I had to be very careful when using it.

Room Tip: Any room is great, but make sure you check the iron and ironing board.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is a nice place with a pleasant enough front desk and staff. The rooms are all suites, which make it particularly pleasant for families, with two TVs, one for dad and ESPN, and one for the kids in the other room. The room was very clean and well appointed. All rooms face an atrium, so women might feel mixed; on one hand you are visible to those in the lobby so staff can see you going in and out of your room, but so could someone else, so it's a toss up. The breakfast buffet was the usual fare, but no made to order egg dishes, etc. available. I am a low fat vegetarian, so fruit and oatmeal was it. Lots of sausage, cheese scrambled eggs (likely powdered) and so forth, but special requests are out. Staff were very attentive in the restaurant. Two complaints, the first picky, but the exercise room is small and one of the treadmills did not work. Given that there were only two in a fairly large place that's a problem. You could not use the elevation, so if you like to work out on the road, you better wait in line for the one treadmill that someone else may be on for an hour. More important, I arrived at 2:30 pm and there were absolutely no food options until the restaurant opened at 5:30pm. They have a snack area off the lobby with all the junk humans should not eat, cokes and cheetos and candy bars. The nearest restaurant is a mile away (Taco Bell), so if you came by van and don't have a car, and you didn't have breakfast or lunch like I had not, then you are screwed. No apples or other fruit available, just junk for three hours. Picky if you are full, but if very hungry significant weakness for such a large place to have absolutely no food options from noon to 5:30.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business