“Good time Rock and Roll”

Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
Ranked #31 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This was an older style hotel in a fantastic location. A cross the road is the Peabody. Where they take the ducks from the fountain up the lift to the penthouse. Get there early as there is a crowd waiting to see it. The rooms are large but looking old. Not far Beal Street.

Room Tip: Go and see the ducks
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew M
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you staying with us at our Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and location! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Memphis!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the Memphis Marathon and it was in a great place. It was right int he heart of the city with easy walking distance to everything. We were right near Beale St. along with other attractions. Be ready for the place to be a little noisy. We had a corner room and the sounds of the streets were very loud. The service however was fantastic and the room was fine. They were very gracious to us and go us into our room quickly when we arrived at 2 am because of late flights. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need quiet get a room on the back side. They actually put ear plugs in the room because of t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you so much for selecting our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis during the Memphis Marathon. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about the great service you received and our excellent hotel accommodations! I'm so happy we could check you into your room after a long day of traveling! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Memphis!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Room was large (corner room) but was starting to look tired.

Staff is friendly but reception desk gave priority to answering phone over helping guests.

Some things went wonky: I pressed button vending machine for Diet Coke and got Ginger Ale (or something else non-coke and non-diet) instead. (Front desk staff did return my money.) And one elevator started making sudden stops and then strange up and down motions - I thought I was going to be stuck - but it eventuially opened at lobby level.

Buffet breakfast is OK - typical buffer fare and quality - but restaurant staff was great.

Hotel in central Memphis, in safe though quiet area, within walking distance of Beale Street.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Warren L
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us at our Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis, and we appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience. The feedback you provided will be shared with our staff so we can continue to better service our guests and with our southern hospitality! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The location of this place is great! It's close to everything! The staff was wonderful! I couldn't ask for friendlier faces with a true will to please. I asked for a room on a high floor and for a crib. Both accomadations were provided without a problem. The only con with staying on the side that faced the Peabody was the noice on Saturday night. Talk about a night life.
The girl that checked us in was so friendly, I wish I remembered her name. What a pleasant person and so eager to please. Extremely personable.
The first night we were there, the room seemed dirty but honestly I was too tired to complain and just wanted to be out and enjoy the rest of our evening. The following day, the room was great and spotless.
A few examples of the just how great the staff was -
at breakfast, the girl that attended our table was so great to our two older daughters but especially our 5 month old. She was just there talking away with her, paying her so much attention. I truly appreciated that. There were a few other people having breakfast but we felt as it were just us.
The security guard (a shorter gentleman) went completely out of his way to please us, twice! My daughters wanted to go on a particular carriage ride with a friendly woman that they'd seen several times during our few days (she reminded them of Mary Poppins).. When my husband saw the carriage approaching our hotel (from the 11th floor) he rode the elevator down to stop her. When he got down he realized it wasn't her. The security guard went above and beyond and called the lady and had her come and pick us up at the hotel. He was vigilant until she arrived. While we were sitting, he asked if we'd lost a pink blanket. Well, little did we know we had. I thought I'd forgotten it in the car and it turns out it was my baby's.
Everyone greeted us with a smile and were extremely polite. Some complimented our Cubs gear :) and others offered suggestions on where to eat.
I was truly happy with the great customer service. If I return to Memphis, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the noice on Saturday and likely Friday nights, ask for a room on a higher flo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet A
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Memphis at our Holiday Inn Select Downtown! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us! The excellent service our staff provided you makes me so proud to be part of this great Holiday Inn team. We appreciate your kind words and will be delighted to share your experience with our employees. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Memphis!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The positives:
Good location, close to Beale if you to be close but not TOO close.
Nice big HD flat panel TV in the room

Negatives:
Really in need of an update.
Amazingly tiny bathroom - not that I really cared with just one person, but for a family it would be tight.
Really in need of a deep cleaning in the rooms. I pulled back the bedside table to plug in my cellphone (which was a good thing I was using it for a backup alarm since my wakeup call never happened!), and Whoa baby,...been a long time since anyone vacuumed the dust bunnies and crud from behind there!!! Because of its age, no outlets readily accessible from the night stand -- which is a big annoyance when I travel on business with various electronic devices.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Smores4
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback on your experience at our Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis. We are very happy you enjoyed the hotel location and the wonderful new TV's in the guest rooms!

We have shared your comments regarding deep cleaning behind and around the furniture with our executive housekeeper so she can address this issue. Thank you again for sharing with us! We hope you come back and visit us again!

Best regards,