“Above and beyond”

Johnny G's Creole Kitchen
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch here. Husband had shrimp and catfish. I had grilled catfish which wasn't on the menu but the GM was very accommodating. The food was excellent! Service was excellent! The greeter even remembered my husband from the day before.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a great chicken gumbo and catfish po boys at Johnny’s Creole Kitchen. Worth a visit if your in town

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped by during Elvis week. No brisket that day. Ordered some fried seafood. Not memorable. Potato salad was the most notable dish

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived 15 minutes before they closed for a late dinner. They greeted us warmly despite the fact that we were they only thing keeping them from closing on time.

I enjoyed my meal. I had a seafood platter with crawfish and shrimp.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

After reading many of the reviews, we must have been here on an "off" night.

We ordered and they were out of their best rib sauce. I got a sandwich with a different sauce, which was okay. My hubby ordered the gumbo and it just wasn't spicy like he thought it might be (it is supposed to be creole). Our food took a long time to get and the place was nearly empty.

Honestly, it just wasn't great. We ordered 2 meals that weren't cheap, but they weren't worth the $. Would we go back. No - we'll pass.