“Great service for microwaved food.”
Review of Cafe Laroux By Dejavu - CLOSED

Cafe Laroux By Dejavu
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Chef Gary Williams brings you Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. This is an upgrade, but still DeJavu with a twist. Now we are located at 1005 Tillman st. in the United Way building. Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. For breakfast, we prepare turkey sausage, shrimp and grits, hash browns and omelets. Lunch will be similar to the DeJaVu menu with "meat-and-three" plates and vegetarian and vegan options.
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Most attentive service I've had in Memphis is the best thing I can say about this place. The plate are HOT while the food is room temperature and dry. They clearly prepare food earlier in the week and microwave it on order. I understand that with dishes like jambalaya it doesn't get it made on order but this is unacceptable. Dishes like Honey Chicken which could be made on order suffer from the same preparation as well.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

I have been to Deja Vu several times, and it never disappoints. My favorite time to go is on Fat Tuesday. Chef Gary has a second line around the restaurant while you chow down on his amazing food. I've never ordered something bad. Delicious!

1  Thank Laurakmitchie
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Good food, a bit pricey. We shared several items for lunch including 3 appetizers. the BBQ shirmp appetizer was $11, side salad $6...you get the idea. Good food but not an upscale location to justify the cost. We had 3 apps, 1 entree, and 1 soda for lunch and the bill was nearly $50 with tip.

1  Thank IntlEdRoadWarrior
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Excellent customer service! Food was fresh, not overly seasoned, well prepared and not too pricey for downtown. I had the shrimp poboy, sweet potato fries and greens. For dessert I had beignets. My family had gator Poboys, beans and rice, and fried plantains.

1  Thank Vivian E
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Having read all the TripAdvisor reviews, I was expecting a fabulous meal. It was good, but not worth the high prices for each entree. My two kids, ages 11 and 4 liked the gator stew. Even though there isn't an official kid's menu, the waitress said they could make almost any entree into a kid's size portion. That was fine for my 4-year-old who wanted fish and fries ($8), but my oldest wanted the shrimp creole, so we had to purchase the full-size entree. I've had much better creole and for a lot less money. My husband's crawfish etoufee was indeed really good as was the Big Keith's Bayou Classic that I had, but the smothered okra I ordered as a side was not good at all. I would suggest looking up their menu online first before deciding if this is a place you really want to eat at.