“Dinner Before Grizz Game”
Review of Itta Bena

Itta Bena
Reserve with OpenTable
Itta Bena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,581 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Second
Description: Up the fire escape above BB Kings Blues Club lies Memphis' "hidden gem" Itta Bena. Named for the town where legendary BB King was born, Itta Bena embodies the charm and inspiration of fine southern dining. Itta Bena restaurant and bar invites you in for a cool libation and southern cuisine with a Delta twist. From our Grilled New Zealand Lamb Chops to our Jumbo Shrimp and Grits and decadent desserts, Itta Bena has something for everyone. So come as you are - no jackets required, for great food in a relaxed atmosphere with unrivaled southern hospitality.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

My friend and I were treated to a delicious meal at this restaurant before attending a Grizz Game at the Fed Ex Forum. Oh My Goodness! I have been coming to this area for many years, and had never noticed this place before. You enter off the street under an awning with nothing but a stairway leading up to the restaurant. As soon as we opened the door I felt such warmth. Maybe the blue tint on the windows and the lighting helped to give such a warm atmosphere. Our party had reservations and we were led directly to a table by the windows overlooking Beale Street. Perfect view! Our waiter was prompt and very attentive. There were four in our party and two of us ordered Filet Mignon cooked Medium Well and our steaks were perfection. The other two in our party ordered grilled Red Snapper and I sampled it and was amazed at the taste. I don't know what it was about the bread...but it was delicious! The fresh vegetables on the side were a perfect addition to our meal. Also...I highly recommend the Bloody Mary! I was very pleased with my first experience here and will definitely go back.

1  Thank Cathy B

Reviewed 27 October 2017

The restaurant is unique. The way the light comes in the blue tinted windows just gives it a warm cozy feeling. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves around the bar. We were there early and most of the tables were full. We were greeted by the hostess and were seated right away. Dinner was great we had salad , Shrimp and grits and I had the Fried Avocado! Wow

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This wonderful restaurant is located above B.B. King’s on Beal Street, but you have to know where you are going (look for the metal staircase to the side of the building). It is wonderful. Great ambiance - if you try hard you can feel the music from downstairs. I tried almost all the appetizers had the red snapper and peach cobbler and would recommend both, but there are a ton of great options. Great food and fun!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Thank you tripadvisor otherwise we wouldn't have found this gem. This fine dining restaurant is hidden away on the top floor of BB King's place. The food and service are great - try the deep-fried stuffed avocado, sounds odd but it's awesome. Wonderful food, very well seasoned with balanced flavours. Cost for us was $170 for three no including the tip.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The manager came to our table after realizing there was a problem with our service tonight. Could not have asked for more from the manager. The food was as always amazing... just a little problem with service... But everything was made right by a very attentive and amazing manager!! Highly recommend this place. The food is great!

Been to Itta Bena? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK