“Delicious barbecue!”

B.B. King's Blues Club
Reserve with OpenTable
B.B. King's Blues Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd
Description: This is the original B.B. King's Blues Club located in Memphis, Tennessee, the home of American blues music, legendary musicians, famous barbecue, historic landmarks and great basketball. With live entertainment every night of the week - from authentic blues to classic soul and rock and roll - and a menu full of Southern favorites, the club is a popular destination spot on Memphis' historic Beale Street. The club offers a full menu comprised of a variety of the South's most delicious comfort foods influenced by flavors from New Orleans all the way to the Mississippi Delta, including authentic Memphis-style barbecue. You MUST stop in for our award winning ribs that are some of the best in town - which says a lot for a town known for the world class barbecue! Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night meals, the intimate restaurant and live music venue has some of the finest local entertainment in town live on stage nightly as well as national touring performers. B.B. King's offers several creative options to meet your event needs. With a unique layout, the club has several different areas available for booking that perfect venue space for a variety of events - from birthday parties and family reunions to wedding receptions and corporate events.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We aren't drinkers and were in a rush en route home from a long road trip when we swung off the highway for barbecue. Went into BB King's to the sounds of a LOUD fabulous blues band. Ordered a barbecue to go. Took about 20 minutes to get it and, after adding a tip, it cost $15 for a sandwich and fries, but I gotta say it was delicious. While my husband circled the block in the car, I enjoyed some great blues music in a loud but very friendly atmosphere and we both enjoyed snacking on the barbecue plate en route home. I hope to stop here again when we have to time to stick around. Not nearly as nice inside as the one in Nashville, but still, it's Memphis atmosphere at its best.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

On my trip to Memphis we went to BB Kings Blues Club. Music was great, food over priced and underwhelming. I go the Gumbo which was less than average and the crackers were stale. Fried pickles were good but would have thought the gumbo would have been much better. Not sure I would go here and order food again.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Charges a $3 cover fee if there is a band playing. Food was average, service was good during a busy time. Drinks seemed a bit watered down.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

I've seen some pretty bad reviews of BB King's on this site and others, expensive, bad food, bad service, etc. Well, that was NOT our experience. We went in pretty early (we had traveled in from Eastern Time Zone, so we get hungry earlier than locals), I'd guess around 6pm local time. We got a seat one row back from the main stage (they don't really have "rows", but that's the best I can do to describe it), without a reservation (this was a few days before the big Elvis event in August). There was a decent crowd, that got much bigger as the night went on. The cover when we went in was only $3 a head. We noticed it was higher when we left later that night. We had ribs, and they were MUCH better than we had the night before at Silky's. The waiter was attentive, but not overly so. The ribs were delicious and hot, smaller portion than elsewhere, but still plenty, and larger portions were available. The music was great, and I dropped a nice tip in the bucket. (It's not one of those deals where they come around and make you feel guilty if you don't tip, it's completely voluntary.) As best I can tell, the artist had a two hour set (including maybe half an hour break in the middle). When the performer is done, on the hour, many/most of the diners left, clearing out the dining room for the next seating, so it might help getting a seat to go 15 minutes or so before the end of the act (ask at the door). Anyway, I know music can be hit or miss and of course my taste won't be the same as yours, but this was a great evening for us. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Went here while in Memphis and thank goodness we could stay inside as Beale Street is such a seedy, gross place! I had the chicken fried chicken with macaroni cheese and it was AMAZING. Best meal I've had all holiday. The live music here is awesome, such a good way to spend an evening. Drinks are ok but avoid the margarita, it wasn't nice. Good service. The only reason it doesn't get full stars is because it smelt very musty inside.