Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
US$ 347
US$ 260
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsparking lotnice gymfree internetmemphis eastcomfortable stayfront desk clerkgood nights sleepbreakfast buffet isenjoyed my staythe hotel is cleanking bedhotel staffbeale streetlobbypoplartargetfi
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Nice hotel property. Good breakfast. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Difficult highway access.
Good location near many good restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mdculpepper
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We spent a very nice New Year's Weekend at this hotel in East Memphis. While its location seems questionable being located in between to busy highways, the hotel really doesn't experience the traffic noise you would expect. It was quiet, clean, and stylish. The staff were friendly and the beds were quite comfortable. If I were to list any negatives, they would be the too small bathrooms and the $10 breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Thanks, Three! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, even though Poplar Ave, which is one of the city's main arteries, passes both in front and behind the hotel, and I-240 is about a block down to our west, the guest rooms don't experience much noise at all. Our staff would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Memphis. And we hope you will be happy to hear that we are introducing a continental breakfast for $5 to complement our $10 Four Points Signature Breakfast Buffet in the coming months to give you and our other guests more choice when it comes to breakfast.

Thanks again, Three. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

There are a few bad things about this hotel that standout. First, the bathrooms are ridiculously small. In the room we occupied, the bathroom door has divets and chunks missing from it due to the door frequently hitting the toilet whenever the door is opened.
The elevators are also ridiculous. They sounded like they were going to break at any moment. During breakfast, the staff was rather friendly, but the manager/owner of the hotel (I was told by a staff member he was the owner) was flat out rude. He spent considerable time standing behind the breakfast bar area cooking - which made it seem like there was an omlet and waffle station. Whenever anyone asked him was his station an omlet area, he would never make eye contact or look up. He rudely said "No" and didn't offer any explanation. But the way the breakfast area is set up, it is more than reasonable to presume he was cooking omlets and waffles per order. His nasty attitude is reason alone not to stay here. The hotel needs to put up a sign that informs guests that this area is not part of the breakfast - particularly after having had to pay for breakfast (there is no free breakfast). Lastly, the location of the hotel makes it a challenge to safely navigate entry. When you exit the highway, you have to cut across two lanes of oncoming traffic, then merge left all the while looking to your right to avoid more oncoming traffic and then less than 150 feet after merging, quickly cut into the hotel driveway else completely miss the entrance.

The positives are that there are quite a few retail establishments in the area and the hotel was clean and the rooms a nice size. The fitness area is by far the nicest fitness area I have ever seen in any hotel. I was amazed at how much equipment the fitness room has. The equipment was also modern. A major plus for this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank curacaovisitor
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was able to get the room for a $65 bid on priceline which came out to about $83 a night after taxes and fees. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a colleague unexpectedly travel with me after I had booked, and I spoke with the manager Linda and she was kind enough to give him a room for the same rate as me.

The location is good, nicer part of town(at least, for Memphis) but can be a bit difficult to get to coming off of the interstate. Be ready to turn left into the parking lot as soon as you exit. They also have free parking, which I appreciate.

The amenities were also good. The fitness center was fantastic. Full dumbbell rack, several cardio machines equipped with tvs, dual pulley towers for flys/pullups, etc. Lots of space as well. This was a big plus for me. Not sure if they have a pool...

Internet is fast and free, and the room was spacious and comfortable. Big bathroom as well. They have a fancy(ie: expensive) french wine bar/restaurant on site but I didn't eat there. They serve breakfast in a bar in the lobby and it's pretty darn good - but expensive(about $12) I was able to talk the girl up front into giving me a coupon for a free breakfast while I was there on day.

Business center worked well for me too. For the price, I couldn't really argue with anything here. I enjoyed the stay and plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: bid with priceline - memphis east $65
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank shaunbsc
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thanks, Shaun, for your thorough review. We are all so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We are very proud of our fitness center and delighted that you appreciated it as well. As a Four Points we try to make your stay comfortable and uncomplicated, so, again, we are happy that you found the accommodations, the free internet, and the free business center to your liking, particularly since you were traveling for business. We're also delighted that our Four Points Signature Breakfast provided a great start for your day. We hope to see you again soon, Shaun. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was in Memphis to attend a funeral and selected this hotel based on the proximity to Memorial Park. The location also offered a fairly good variety of restaurants in the area. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. The exterior does not present a "wow" factor but has all the signs of being well maintained. The interior has a nice open feel and the lobby was well maintained throughout my stay. My guest room was well appointed and in good condition when I checked in, very clean. For the few days of my stay, I ran into a couple of housekeepers who always offered friendly greetings. The one responsible for my room each day seemed to pay close attention to details and left the room in great shape for my return.

I only had one special request which I made to a front desk employee and she went out of her way to help and even followed up the next day. The only problem I saw during my stay was that the traffic during rush hour could cause a slight delay getting in and out of the hotel parking lot. However, the overall condition of the hotel and the helpful and friendly attitude of the staff easily made up for that.

I return to Memphis a few times per year and will certainly stay here again. I enjoyed being greeted by the staff as I came and went and was made to feel at home. Friendly and clean won me over.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thanks, Coach! We are so glad we were able to make you feel at home during your stay, particularly given the reason for your visit. We are truly sorry for your loss. But we are so glad that our "friendly and clean" approach won you over enough to earn us another visit when you return to Memphis. Yes, patience does pay dividends during rush hour since we are so close to two of the city's major traffic arteries, so we thank you for the advice to other travelers who choose our hotel because of it's easy access to those thoroughfares. I will certainly share your comments with both our Housekeeping and Guest Services staffs, and we look very forward to hosting you again!