“Very Attentive”

Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Memphis
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Very Attentive”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was there with a Gospel Choir. Most of the time I was out of the room, 2 nights. One day we had some time in house around 2-6 pm. House keeping was very attentive. They checked on my room twice. Niether time did I hear the knock. They were appologetic. I was even given 2 bottles of water and a pack of cookies as consolation. I was good with that. It has reminded me to deadbolt and hang a sign from now on.

Room Tip: Off the first floor, away from the indoor pool. It is a popular place for birthday parties.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MemphisSHS_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for the great feedback and kind words about our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. I apologize you had trouble with the PC in our business center. We've had a tech look it over and correct a few problems. We look forward to your return visit.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Georgia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was here4 for one night on a four day trip to Memphis and Northern Mississippi. My first night was at the Residence Inn downtown, and tehn I traveled to Tunica, Clarksville, Oxford, and Tupelo before returning to Memphis. I needed to get some shopping done and I had no idea when I booked the hotel that it was adjacent to a shopping mall--I frget the name--Wolf Creek? Anyway, I was able to check in early and found check-in to be fast and the room just as I requested. I went back out almost immediately to the mall. bought what I needed, picked up take-out in the food court and went back to the room for a relaxing evening--long soaking bubble bath and movies on TV. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the room was nicely appointed. I had absolutely no problems with the room. The breakfast the next morning was very good. The food area was pleasant and clean, the staff attentive to restocking the food. I did not use the pool, but I did use the business center as I wanted to print my boarding pass. I had a time with the comouter. The system is one of those univision or whatever they are called systems and it was slow and hung up multiple times. I almost gave up on it but finally managed to get the boarding pass printed. I don;t think I have ever expereinced as much difficulty doing this in a hotel business centerr as I did here. I don't know if this problem is ongoing or if I just happened to catch it on a bad day. This was my only frustration during my stay. I was always able to get a parking spot right by the reception area and if I had not had errands to run I would have walked to one of the neaby restaurants for dinner that night. The location is ideal-- not very far from downtown--and near many food and shopping options.
I would stay here again..

Room Tip: I always choose a room on the highest floor to avoid noise of people walking above me.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BeingGreen
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The pool was great for the kids and very warm. The room was well layed out but lacked storage space. We noticed a big difference between the weekday and weekend breakfast, with the weekend breakfast having less choice. Also when we arrived there were cookies in reception, however this was the only day they were there. It s a great location with lots of restaurants nearby, including a couple within walking distance. We would return if we were in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here over New Year's weekend, as we were in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. The lobby and our room had obviously been updated, as the decor looked fresh, clean and modern. It was a rather pleasant surprise. We were traveling as a family and chose this hotel based on price, the presence of an indoor pool, and the free hot breakfast. I would choose it again for the service alone. I was impressed with the room cleanliness (no weird hotel smells), the food quality and selection, friendliness of the staff, and the size of our suite. Even though it was a busy holiday/occasion weekend, that had no negative impact on our stay. Would definitely be interested in staying here again should we return to the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We just wanted a nice night out. The rooms are very modernized. The staf was very friendly. The rooms are larger than the average rooms at this level. Beds were very comfortable. there was a little noise if you didn't have air running but the layout of the room is such that the halls are a nice distance from the door so you dont hear a whole lot. We are going back for another stay very soon.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
0.1 km away
1.8 km away
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
2.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK