“View of River Garry”

Invergarry Hotel Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Invergarry
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A relaxed and Informal Traditional 4 Star Country Inn nestled in the entrance to Glengarry. The Brasserie is attached to the Invergarry Hotel is open to the public, we are a very busy wee place so booking a table for dinner is always advised. Our Brasserie serves Fresh & Local Produce that is cooked to order and is a relaxed and informal dining experience. We have an excellent range of Wines, Ales & Malt Whiskies to choose from. Roaring Log Wood Burners and superb hospitality from our very friendly team. A place to unwind & make yourself at home, we are a fantastic stop off point for touring the Highlands of Scotland with a combination of warm & clean public areas, good facilities, excellent food & great hospitality.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Very comfortable place, good food, friendly and helpful staff. Great place to relax and have an evening meal.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Our stay at the Invergarry hotel was made even more fantastic by the delicious home cooked meals in the Brassiere. The first night I had a huge burger with chips, sounds boring I know but believe me it was the best burger I’ve had in years, and that’s no exaggeration. My partner Jo had the spicy fish cakes and thoroughly enjoyed them. On the second night I decided that as I was staying in the highlands of Scotland it would be rude not to have the Haggis, tatties and neeps which as the bar staff noted didn’t even touch the sides it was so delicious. Jo had the veg lasagne and the result was much the same. I followed my main with a baked lemon cheese cake (amazing!) and jo had the chocolate brownie which I resisted the temptation to steal from her. After a long cold walk on the first day of our stay we decided to warm up with a bowl of homemade tomato and basil soup with home baked bread roll ( superb!) Do not hesitate to try out the food here whether staying in the hotel or just out for the day.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Glad to have dropped by for dinner on a half way night over. What a lovely welcoming , beautiful, genuine highland establishment. For it's size a great bar and menu selection even for this time of year. Easy going but finessed atmosphere and attentive service. Food was exquisite and must say contrary to some (clearly untraveled types) perfectly priced with generous portions. The banoffee pie brought back school dinner memories but with a fine dining edge. Go with it people, if the chef recommends port with pud live a little go for it went down a treat! Will be back

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Having ate here before I was excited to return. Barman seemed a little down, not very excited to see us. Ordered a pint, half for my wife, retrieved my own menu and began to paruse the options. Special starter, roasted vegetable sushi roll. Turned out as bad as it sounded. Warm carrots and peas and potato rolled in rice bound by seaweed wrap, wasabe mayo. I ordered it for a look at an absurd concept and was not disappointed by it's shameful execution. Warm vegge warm rice bland mayo. O.k., let's get a burger, a 12 £ burger. If I were a stronger personality I would have sent it back. Dusty dry, bacon sinuey, cheese unremarkable, c'mon chef, your name is on the menu, Chef Paul if my memory serves. The last time was about four years ago..what happened. Now I'm curious, I will come in again next year.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We tried the Invergarry Hotel because it was near to our holiday cottage and the menu looked interesting. The hotel restaurant in basically a bar area, wooden floors, basic table and chairs, no table cloths and no pretence to be anything other than being a place to consume food rather than to enjoy the ambience whilst eating out. The welcome was functional rather than warm and the staff courteous. I had the haggis starter which was very tasty but my wife found nothing on the menu to choose which she liked the look of. I had the Chicken Enchiladas off the specials board which were very tasty and very filling (a very large portion) and my wife had the beef lasagne which, disappointingly, was lacking in taste and meat (70% pasta and 30% meat). We passed on a pudding as there was nothing that grabbed us.
The Invergarry Hotel is fine if you want good, unfussy "pub" grub, and i enjoyed what i ate, but don't expect anything grander.

invergarryhotel, Owner at Invergarry Hotel Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanks for the glowing review !

Your right a Brasserie is a restaurant with a bar in it and we definately hope never to have tablecloths - I shudder to think ....

Anyway - your right we are not to your taste

To say we are basic pub grub though does the team a slight dis-service and puts the Michelin guide, Visit Scotland Good Food Guide, Scottish Beef Club and also 7 awards we won last year in the wrong.

Anyway - we are not for you and your not for us

C'est la vie