“Fantastic Weekend Deal”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Just spent a fantastic weekend at Rosslea hall went on a great weekend deal 2 nights first evening with dinner. meal was fantastic enjoyed it that much ate hear again on the Saturday evening , breakfast was to die for and loads to choose from , rooms are very nice also and very warm our room looked onto the car park this was not a problem, staff are so focussed nothing was a problem both at breakfast and dinner time, had a nice wee chat with louise (Revenue Manager) on the Saturday evening with her husband she explained all the was going on over the fesitive period. We will be back shortly after the xmas break any body looking for a wee chill out after the new year get yourself to Rosslea Hall All the best to the staff and thank you.

Room Tip: book this hotel in my opinion it is well worth it
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Top tip- don’t use the post code of the hotel for your satnav - it’ll take you round the wrong side of the bay!! Ring the hotel and ask for the postcode of the Post Office or use google maps - takes you right there.

Warm welcome from reception on arrival. Speedy check-in. I don’t think there’s a lift, so if you have mobility issues I’d mention it on booking.
All the staff I’ve interacted with have been fantastic. Friendly and helpful.
Room was spacious and well kept
Views are nothing short of stunning
Food at dinner was lovely and breakfast was hearty.
I’ll be back.
Thank you to everyone here. I had a lovely stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Had stayed at this hotel previously and had a poor experience - such that I stopped using it for members of my team working in the area - a loss in excess of a potential 600 nights - clearly the management can do without this level of business?

I decided to try the hotel again, thinking it should have improved - wrong! I found the receptionist at chek-in to be very rude - the room was very grubby (Tv handset filthy, excessive black mould in bathroom, lots of detritus on the floor) , noisy and light polluted - very poor nights sleep - will not be using again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Guest,

I am afraid that you have me at a disadvantage as " winkychomp" is not a name I recognise as being one of my guests. This makes it difficult for me to identify who, when or what company I am answering too.
We are in this industry to deliver the best we can in Hospitality and from time to time we get it wrong. I continually state that the opinion of our guest is vitally important to us as we look for areas of development. I would have thought that under the circumstances you claim it would have been in every ones interest to even have a discussion about what you find acceptable and unacceptable.
Cleanliness is very important and I have a programme in place to ensure that rooms get refreshed on an ongoing basis particularly after a busy summer when it is not always possible to put rooms off for repairs.
There is no excuse for any member of the team being ride to guests and this will not be tolerated please accept my apologies. I will raise this with the appropriate people and rectify.
We have several large corporate clients using the hotel regularly and I would expect everyone of them to highlight any issues they experience, this would enable us to deal with and rectify them.
I would be obliged if you would please take the time to email me directly on gm@rossleahallhotel.co.uk or call me on 01436 439955

Kind Regards

Don

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I write this review as I sit in my room contemplating whether to dine in the hotel or not, check in was a laborious process, I was second in line, one person checking people in, I have no idea what it would have been like if more than 3 people were there, no computer, really, it was like something out of the 80's, once checked in I went to my "Superior Room" a room with a lovely view into the downstairs Bay Window, brown furniture, no heating on, someone had to come and sort that out, thanks, We have 1 bath towel for 2 adults, you can hear everything in the corridor as the floor boards are very noisy, cannot work at my desk as the internet is slow, I dare say there are better superior rooms in the hotel, maybe I was just unlucky, would I return here, probably not.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We have often walked past the hotel and wondered what it would be like to stay. As it was my birthday we booked and stayed for two nights. It was comfortable, friendly staff,food was lovely and well presented. Would love to have seen hotel once decorated for Christmas.

Room Tip: Room 32 had a lovely view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Marilyn,

Thank you for sharing your view with fellow travellers through Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. The opinion of our guests is important to us and to that end I am pleased to note your comments.
We actually have our function suite decorations up now for our winter wonderland weddings and the main hotel decorations will be up for the first of December, please come along for a visit.

Kind Regards

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
11 km away
4.3 km away
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK