Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel(Kilcreggan)
Tontine Hotel(Greenock)
The Waterfront(Greenock)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding venueafternoon teafrom start to finishwedding receptionlovely hoteldaughters weddingspecial thanksfirst classchurch bellsevery member of staffbeautiful settingmr mrscourse dinnersteakcooked to perfectionfamily roomattention to detail
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The Rosslea is in a pretty location alongside a loch just off the Clyde river. There are lovely views of the garden and loch from the attractive public areas.
Our standard double room on the first floor was located above the entrance to reception so there was a little noise from the car park and a delivery lorry early morning (I am a light sleeper). The chiming church clock was not a problem but maybe I would pay the extra & book a loch view room in future for extra quiet. Otherwise the room was fine-nothing fancy-comfy bed and all amenities.
As we had driven a long way we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Our main courses of sea bass with mussels & a fishy broth were very good. We were a little underwhelmed by desserts. For me, my chocolate lemon meringue lacked a good lemon flavour & was overwhelmed by the big slab of chocolate on top. The blackberry & almond tart looked good but didn't have much taste. A bit of refinement needed on the puds. Food was a reasonable cost.
The standard breakfast buffet and hot food options were fine.
The staff were all very helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable visit. The opinion of our guests is very important to us and as such I also thank you for highlighting areas not only positive but areas that you feel could be better.
I will be discussing these with the appropriate team members and will work with them to improve our offering.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel . Gorgeous views and extremely attentive and friendly staff . We had a great lunch and the food was delightful as was the staff . Highly recommend this hotel. A short car ride takes you into the near bye town of Helensburgh with plenty amenities and shops . This hotel won’t disappoint

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sweet lady,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes me feel so proud to read reviews such as yours. Your opinion matters a great deal to us as we work towards perfecting our offering.
I am delighted that we succeeded in pleasing you... that is our goal. I will pass on your comments to the team who I am sure will be equally pleased to hear them.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of the nicest small hotels I have stayed in in a lifetime of travelling. Great room overlooking the loch. Excellent kindly staff who couldn't do enough for you. Wonderful food in both the bar and restaurant. The seafood chowder is particularly good! Cannot recommend too highly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on tripadvisor. The opinion of our guests means a great deal to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our particular brand of hospitality and I am delighted to read your comments.
I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to Rosslea in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Well now that thinks have settled down I can add my review.
We were married at the Rosslea on the 23rd September 2017 and from start to finish it was the best day ever.
All our family and friends loved every minute,the food was excellent and the staff were fantastic.mark on the bar was just brilliant as was David x as for the rest of the staff on that day you were all amazing x
But I have to save the best till last don and Lynn you were just fantastic we had a few suprises which were awesome,everything you did for use just blow use away and made our day even more special and for that we thank you x xx
For any venue I would not hesitate in recommending the Rosslea hall hotel x rooms were great and breakfast was brilliant x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Debbie,

Well what can I say? thank you for posting such lovely comments. I am delighted that you had a great day.... you deserve it and it was a pleasure working with both Scott and you. The staff had a wonderful night too thanks to you.

Thanks Again

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stayed the one night on our way back to the midlands.

Very pleasant room, but unfortunately looking out at the back of the hotel on to the car park.
Room was modern, clean and with everything you need.

What really surprised us was the quality of the food in the dinning room for our evening meal.
The food was very well presented and all 3 courses total enjoyable in every aspect.
Service too was excellent.

Room Tip: Chose a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the Loch
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with fellow travellers, the opinion of our guest matters a great deal to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and do hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back in future.