All reviews three cottages loch lomond scotland privacy pubs
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at this lovely cottage just after Easter 2012, whenever i book any accomadation i always read reviews here on trip advisor to get a feel for what i am booking as i am a very fussy and picky person.
All i can say is none of the reviews do this place justice, we had the most wonderfull few days at Loch Lomond that was enhanced by having the pleasure of staying at Foxglove cottages.
The cottages are beutifully furnished and well equiped with jusy about everything you could possibly need.

John the proprieter is very helpfull and such a nice guy, and is a font of knowledge about the Loch and the surrounding area and all the best places to eat and drink.

I will definatly be returning to this idyllic and most comfortable cottage, please do not take any notice of negative reviews you may read here, i cannot see for the life of me how anyone can take issue with this accomadation, i loved it, my stay was most comfortable and faultless, and we was made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brianWiltshire
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here with our son and his girlfriend and were not disappointed. I cooked during our stay and the kitchen was very well equipped. Rooms were nice and sauna was a welcome touch of luxury. Very secluded area within reasonable walking distance of town with magnificent butcher. Owner clearly takes pride in his premises and was very welcoming but also respectful of our space. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Witters
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We are a couple aged 26 and 27 who were looking for a relaxing break. We stayed here for 3 nights in June 2011. The area is very secluded, but lovely. There are 3 cottages in total each with their own drive way. The garden is lovely and looks straight out onto the forest literally a few steps away.

The cottage itselfs was a two story cabin. I believe there were two bedrooms upstairs (we didnt use them as there were only two of us. One bedroom upstairs was unlocked incase we wanted to use the shower (which we didnt we had baths the whole time) the other room was locked so I couldnt comment on that.

Downstairs was a utility room with suana big enough for 2, a freezer and washing machine, neither of which we used.

The bathroom had a sink unit, a corner whirlpool bath and toilet. The bath does have a shower head but you cant actually shower in it, but if we wanted to we could have gone upstairs.

The bedroom had a double 4 poster bed and was suprisingly comfy. There was also a wardrobe with dressing gowns, chest of drawers and dressing table. If you are like and have unruly hair I would take your own hair dryer. I didnt to save room in the suitcase, and one was supplied but it was a travel hairdryer and didnt reach to the mirror.

The living room was very roomy with an arm chair and 2 sofas. A large flatscreen tv with sky+dvd player. The decor of the cottage was not to my taste (the labrador toilet seat in particular) but, thats a minor thing and you cant please everyone when it comes to interior design can you!? I mainly want cleanliness and this place was SPOTLESS! (and I have high standards)

The kitchen was plenty big enough and had a table + chairs. There is a ceramic hob and full size oven. There is a dishwasher and cleaning products. Plenty of utiltites, however I did notice that things were missing I could only see 1 teapot when the sticker said 2 teapots. Luckily we only used a few glasses and plates as we had take aways and only drink cold drinks!

The owner showed us into the cottage and showed us through all the guide folders etc which are full of really useful information. The list of places to eat was great as we lived off take aways as we were too tired to cook after days out. Not all deliver but if you have a car its not far to the places.

The cottages are about 10 minutes drive from east loch lomand and about 45 minutes to loch Katrine (which is beautiful, much nicer actually than lomond).

The only issue we had was on the last night new people moved in next door and played loud dance music for a few hours which we could hear over our tv. But this is not the managements fault simply the ignorance of some people. If it hadnt been our last night I would have spoken to them, but it stopped around 11pm.

Overall a lovely stay in an ideal location, and I would definately recommend it. The owners obviously take a great deal of care to ensure the cottages are clean and tidy, and they provide you with a wealth of information for your stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abbeybel4
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We had a perfect weekend - every consideration for comfort had been provided. James is a fount of local knowledge and advice. The lovely gentle welcome and the little kindnesses made us feel special and pampered. Very peaceful, tranquil and off the beaten track - a pleasant walk (maybe half a mile?) to the pub and there's a good taxi service to get you back! Fabulous base for driving to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs and even Glasgow is within reach.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GallopingGranny27
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We are just back from a one night stay at the Foxglove Cottages and are so relaxed we feel as though we have been away for a week! The cottage was outstanding in every way from decor to facilities. Everything has been thought of; games, dvds, sky sports and movies, a kitchen that truly has everything you could want and the jacuzzi bath, sauna and shower are fabulous. The cottage was really cosy despite the snow during the night and the peace and quiet was amazing. The owls gave my hubby a fright but he's a city boy haha. I would heartily recommend the cottages to anyone, in fact I've just phoned my mum to tell her all about it! The owner take well deserved pride in the cottages and could not be more helpful, I wish them continued success!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple