“Awful”

Mhor 84
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Been coming here for years before and after renovations and always said it was my favourite pub/restaurant but not now . Not allowed outside eating because of lack of staff poor excuse as there were plenty of staff .Miss the gin menu and the old menu . It would have been better if windows were open but after their recent covid scare you would think it would feel safer sorry won’t be back and it’s our local ,

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (632)

Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

All had a good lunch here. Steak bavette was cooked to perfection. Macaroni cheese was really good as well. Friendly staff, good service. Sweet treats looked nice.

Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

Just back from a week in Lochearnhead. We ate at 2 of the hotels in the village as well as at this location. Food here was by a very long way the best we had.
Particularly recommend the cakes/pastries that they get in fresh from their sister bakery nearby. And the steak was also fab.
Really friendly staff.
Lovely shortish cycle ride from Lochearnhead along the national cycle network route.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

It's so close to being great but it's just not quite there. We've just stayed for the third time, as the location is so good for the hills.. but each time there's been something not quite right. For us, it was so busy that waiting for a bill for half an hour wasn't fun! The rooms are nice but potentially pricy for no breakfast. That said, I have had mussels every time I've been and loved them just as much! Food gets better each time and the Tall guy that must be a manager is lovely, as are most of the staff.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

We visited here as a group of 4, for breakfast. When I asked the waiter to see if there was a dairy free alternative for butter on my toast, which I was having poached eggs on, he laughed and said ‘I won’t ask the chef if there’s vegan butter when you’re eating eggs, he’ll laugh at that’ I then said ‘I am feeding my baby, and she’s got a dairy intolerance, so it’s just dairy free can’t eat’ ’ he then laughed again and said ‘eggs are dairy’. Which in fact is not true. So I had some hard, dry sourdough toast. I would have happily accepted that they didn’t have an alternative, but the fact he didn’t even bother to ask and made me feel stupid for having a baby with a dairy intolerance. Not a great experience to say the least. Normally people go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and try to accommodate but not here.

1  Thank Curiosity40193372394