All reviews new owners the pub excellent food langoustines salmon ate here her daughter great beer pool table cooked to perfection staff were so friendly fantastic service full scottish lounge bar have stayed here several times another couple a bit tired
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place (very dog friendly) run by very good people who go the extra mile to give you exactly what you want. Five star service - great beer too. Did I say great beer and dog friendly? No such thing as a stranger here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Good lunch and good value for money. Mac Cheese as good as I have had. Langoustine very nice. Dog friendly which is always a plus. Staff friendly and helpful. No problem in recommending. Definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Carradale Hotel for two nights as part of a longer break. The hotel's new owners have completely renovated the building internally and it now provides a good standard of accommodation and public areas. Our room had fresh decor and good furnishings and generally everything we needed. Room had a nice view towards Arran. Breakfast and dinner were freshly cooked, enjoyable and relaxing. The owner, her family and staff are very helpful. The hotel has a substantial garden where it is pleasant to spend some time. The building still looks tired externally but doubtless the owners are working their way around to the externals.

Room Tip: Probably worth paying for a room with view towards Arran.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a two night stay at the Carradale Hotel, Carradale.
We were warmly welcomed by the owner who showed us to our clean and comfortable room, which had a beautiful view looking across to Arran.
After enjoying a couple of refreshing drinks in the garden we had our evening meal. Although the menu is understandably limited given the location of the hotel we were of the view that there was enough choice to satisfy most people's tastes. The meals we had on both evenings were both tasty and filling.
The breakfast on each morning accompanied by homemade bread were fantastic. More than enough on each plate to see you through most of the day.
We spent each evening in the public bar where both the local residents and visitors mixed with ease.
Each and everyone of the hotel staff were chatty and friendly and I am sure if it was required they would do all they could to assist if you had an issue.
This is a very dog friendly hotel with dogs having access with their owners to all areas except the restaurant. If you wish to eat with your dog by your side, tables can be made up in the bar, lounge bar or conservatory.
The hotel is situated in a most beautiful village and backs on to what must be one of the most scenic golf courses in Scotland if not the world.
All in all we would highly recommend the Carradale Hotel for a quiet holiday/short break.

Room Tip: Jura, has a great view of Arran
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2018

I didn't stay here - my friend did - but I ate here twice. The service was good - very friendly and efficient both nights. The food was of a very good quality. I had delicious crab cakes the first night followed by salmon. Second night was a sea food salad followed by steak and ale pie. Portions were generous and all the food was tasty. The wine list was a little limited but overall I was very happy that I ate here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends