Hotel Eilean Iarmain
  • Breakfast included
Broadford Hotel(Broadford)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Lochalsh Hotel(Kyle of Lochalsh)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubgarden houseisle of skyeart gallerythe main hotel buildingvenison burgerbar foodbeautiful locationwhisky shopcharming hotelboth nightslovely spottwo floorsthe water's edgedining roomfamily suitefabulous views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Just back from spending 2 nights at this delightful hotel in southern Skye. Beautiful location (even in the rain) with lovely views over to Knoydart. Our room was in the main hotel building and appeared to be one of the larger rooms at the front - comfortable, attractive decor and plenty of space. Furnishings all original to give it lots of character. Arran Arromatics toiletries a nice touch. We peeked in some of the other rooms and although a bit smaller they all looked good. Public areas also very comfortable and tastefully decorated. We had dinner in the dining room both nights as on DBB rate (£90 per person) and the food was superb both in quality and presentation. Only comment I would make was that the menu was virtually the same both nights with only 3 choices - Ok for 2 nights but not so good if longer stay. Breafast was also excellent. Mhairi our waitress was friendly and v welcoming as were all the other staff. We had a drink in the bar but didn't eat there - there seemed to be a lots of atmosphere and well used by locals
Perfect choice for our first visit to Skye and would definitely recommend.
Try the whisky tasting!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We spent three nights in this charming and comfortable small hotel. We stayed in the suites which were super; peaceful and spacious with super views across the Sound of Sleat. Downstairs the small and tastefully decorated lounge was equipped with TV and tea and coffee making equipment. Adjacent to this was a beautifully decorated bathroom with everything necessary for a luxurious bath. Upstairs was a large, and again attractively furnished bedroom with extensive views.
Breakfasts were excellent and dinners at the pub - "an praban" - relaxed and enjoyable. Lots of locals frequent the place so one gets a real taste for the area and so much more personal than a large hotel.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJWal
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I went to the Eilean Iarmain with my family for a Sunday bar meal. My family have always been fans of the hotel, as we come from a gaelic background and my father has had alot to do with the gaelic shoots there.
It is a friendly place, however the food ruined the experience.
I ordered scampi and chips, and when it arrived the plate was covered in salt, now coming from a family of cooks, I am well aware you cook with salt however, you never add more salt, you leave it to the individual to decide how much they want. I ate 2 pieces of scampi and a couple of chips and by this point I was feeling sick with the taste. The salt ruined the scampi's flavour!
I am from Skye and I think it's a real shame to see such a beautiful place ruined by a meal, after years of eating there I don't think I ever felt so disatisfied as I did yesterday.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

From the moment you walk in the front door the atmosphere is very relaxing and comfortable.

The location is very tranquil and there is a lovely walk to the end of the village.

There is an excellent gallery space, boutique and whisky museum alongside the hotel, together with the cosiest pub in the Highlands, 'an praban', which serves great pub food which complements the fine dining in the hotel next door.

The staff, headed by Flora when we were there, were both friendly and professional.

Altogether, we would recommend this hotel to anyone who expects terrific service, excellent food and a good night's sleep; all in an idyllic location.

First class.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The Isle of Skye seems almost another planet and, when you land there, you'll find no better place to stay than the Hotel Eilean Iarmain. We stayed in the suites, apart from the main building, but had complete access to everything going on there. The view from the suite buildings is, really, just amazing in scope and beauty. The mountains rise far out and above you and the water reflects them and the sky above so perfectly you feel as though you are floating in space. Great staff, very accomodating and gracious. We ate in the Praban Bar and the food was fantastic as was the atmosphere. The Red Cullin beer is excellent in season. Highly recommended. I also had a cold pint of Foster's from the tap. The barkeep that night was spot-on taking orders, serving drinks and keeping everything moving nicely. The rooms were spacious, wide windows to see the water and the enormous moon, coffee/tea/hot water water pot and in-suite bathroom. Our suite had an upstairs which was quite large and comfortable. Great night's sleep, excellent food, wonderful location whether you're just visiting Skye for a night or for an extended stay. We loved every minute we were there. Also VERY vegetarian friendly whether in the bar or restaurant. My daughter is a Vegetarian and she loved the place. WiFi available in the main building but not in the suites.

Room Tip: The suites apart from the main building were quieter and had better views.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family