“Wish I could live here”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom
Bathroom
View from the lounge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

PirateKat
Napa, California
“Wish I could live here”
Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Lovely views, well laid out & interesting house (I wish I could teleport it back here to live in). We seek out secluded settings and quiet environments whenever possible and this cottage fit the bill perfectly. We had one little snafu but it was quickly ironed out. My husband entertained the local cows with his pocket didgeridoo and we spent all our evenings relaxing by the windows, enjoying the local beer and fish. We were able to explore Skye easily from the cottage and had some invigorating hikes (also wonderful local explorations to be had just down the road, no need to drive). The bed was super comfy and overall we were very comfortable in this cottage (I had no cell reception but the wifi worked well). My regret is that I didn't discover there were two Co-op groceries until the end of our stay, we had been struggling to find parking in town to do our food shopping. Skye is well worth exploring and I'd highly recommend staying here.

Sutree121...
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Excellently located with open views”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Extremely comfortable cottage with everything you could need. Always warm and cosy and well situated for walking locally or for visiting other parts of Skye, particularly to the North. Endless hours were spent with views of the river and the wildlife. Would definitely recommend Skeabost Wood Cottage.

caroweiss
“Great place with amazing views”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We had such a lovely time at Skeabost - the house is just beautiful and I could have sat for hours staring out to the beautiful landscape!
The house has everything you need and the beds are super comfortable! It's also very quiet so perfect for a relaxing break on beautiful Skye! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Meerkatis
Como, Italy
“One of the better rentals that there is (at that price)”
Reviewed 3 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Won't spend much of the time reviewing all the positives as it has been done at length by other reviewers below: it's a quality build (would serve as a benchmark in terms of what insulation should be) with pretty much every amenity one would expect from a home away from home. Rarely have we felt so comfortable on a holiday. Views you get are very relaxing and clearly architects behind know their onions very well - big windows in the living space and kitchen/diner, could just sit there and watch for hours.

There is one catch though and that has also been mentioned by numerous reviewers - the proximity of an A road. Noise pollution from passing cars can be a slight nuisance night time, but obviously it should be less of an issue outside peak season when the island is not overrun by tourists.

Another problem - and that is no criticism of the property or owner, but clearly of some fellow travelers - is that some have treated the kitchenware provided with utmost disrespect. Creuset, yes there is... just to highlight the length the owner has gone to provide the best in the house. However, I had never seen it reduced to such a sad state. We have had similar Creuset stuff at our house for longer than this cottage has existed and used it far more frequently, but the state is incomparable. I ended up buying a frying pan at Co-op in Portree for 8 pounds (and cooking pots are in similarly shoddy state by now... except the indestructible iron cast pot). Clearly, some folk have no clue how to cook yet attempt it on their holiday by the looks... Anyway, this not a particular problem to this property, we have always experienced similar state of pans and pots at rental properties. It just struck me what people can do to Creuset. Anyway, the suggestion is if anyone intends to do basic fry-ups, procure a pan or you will be disappointed in my opinion.

Management Response
15 Aug 2017
Hi thank you so much for your review - looking into replacing the saucepans immediately - I am so sorry you had to buy a frying pan. Many thanks for letting us know, and I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday . All the best Charles
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing