“A luxurious gem tucked away in beautiful Skye”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Skye Croft

Skye Croft with unspoilt views over Loch Snizort and beyond to the Minch and the mountains of Harris
Inside your Skye Croft The cosy bedroom area, complete with alarm clock (should you need one) and MP3 attachment so you can
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Inside your Skye Croft
Modern kitchen area with everything you should need if eating in
Dining with a view of the garden and shorefront
A clean contemporary bathroom complete with underfloor heating
Snuggle up by the log burner in our cosy livingroom
Private parking and entrance to your holiday croft
A great little getaway
Stunning nature
Seals and cormorants enjoying some summer sunshine
Grill Kota BBQ Hut at Skye Croft
A Heron feeding on the shorefront
Even stormy clouds bring photo opportunities
Make sure your camera batteries are ready for stunning sunsets at the croft
Red skies at sunset
Kilt Rock and the Mealt Falls
Portree only a short drive away
The Old Man of Storr
Uig Harbour with ferry links to the outer isles
Gail - your holiday accommodation owner
Guest photo on the waterfront at Skye Croft
Guest photo of sunset skies from Skye Croft
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Ems_25Gla...
Glasgow
“A luxurious gem tucked away in beautiful Skye”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I had the pleasure of staying here for 4 wonderful nights towards the end of November alongisde my husband. Although certain attractions and restaurants were already closed for winter, this did not detract from our experience in any way.

On arrival we were made to feel very welcome by a very inviting, cozy feeling croft. As we had a reasonably long journey we decided to get to work on building a fire and having our first meal in the BBQ kota hut, an experience like no other. It was beautifully cozy and we loved the twinkling candles to give it an amazing atmosphere.

We enjoyed a great sleep overnight and woke to find the temperature was pleasantly mild on our first and second days out exploring. On day one we went for beautiful walks around Fairy Glen and thereafter went to explore the surrounding area in the Quairing. After building up a healthy appetite that evening was spent enjoying amazing food at the Three Chimneys and then we returned to the croft for an evening in front of the fire.

The following day we decided to head to the Cullin hills again to explore as long as our legs would manage. The day after we were less fortunate weather wise so we decided to visit the Talisker whisky distillery which was offering a short tour, from there we enjoyed a nice lunch in the Old Inn and then paid a brief visit to Portree town centre to do a little Christmas shopping before heading back to the croft to explore the water nearby in search of local wildlife. We weren't disappointed when we spotted both a heron and a seal. The perfect end to the perfect short break away.

Gail the owner appears to have went out of her way to ensure that you have everything you need and more at her beautiful croft. It is well equipped and set in glorious and peaceful surroudnings, my only wish was that I could have stayed longer!

Zaza83500
Toulon
“a quiet little haven in a heavenly setting !”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I have just come back to the stifling heat and continuous noise and pollution of
the French Riviera which is my home place, and I must confess that the three
wonderfully peaceful weeks which I spent at Skye Croft from 2 August to 24 August have been a real balm to my heart and soul!
Such a cosy place in such a gorgeous location, with all the care taken by Gail to welcome me as a friend have touched me so much that I will keep all the memories of my stay among my most cherished ones.
I already miss my sheep, my seals, my blackbirds,herons and rabbits, the
quiet winding lane leading up to the little cottage standing proudly among the
blooming heather at the very end of the peninsula, the lovely neighbours so
A very great thank you Gail for the happiness you brought me and for letting
me think that Man hasn't yet destroyed what Mother Nature has given us.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the calm and peace
Liked least: the weather, at times!!!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Dilstu
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing sunsets, breathtaking scenery and a lovely croft - a little piece of heaven!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed the first week of June. The croft had a real WOW factor. It was light, bright and airy and had a very comfortable bed. Everything was provided even down to a welcoming bottle of wine. Skye itself certainly deserves the "4th Most Beautiful Island in the World" rating given by National Geograhic.The Viking name for Skye is "Land of Clouds" - every morning the high peaks seemed to float on the clouds - amazing! This holiday scored an all round 10 out of 10 and, as an added bonus, the weather was superb - I even got to top up my tan!!!!!!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Robin S
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A fabulous stay in a wonderful croft”
Reviewed 27 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My wife and I had always wanted to visit the Isle of Skye but for some reason never managed to get round to it before now.

After some considerable research I discovered the Skye Croft which seemed perfect for a week's stay, was close to Portree but far enough away for it to be private and "away from it all" I have to say that we were not disappointed. The croft turned out to be all we had expected and more.

The day we arrived it was cold, wet and very windy (which lasted most of the week unfortunately) but as soon as we opened the door we felt we were at home. The croft was so cosy and welcoming.

Gail has done a remarkable job in making optimum use of the space without any part of the croft seeming in any way crowded. The living room is spacious and the seating is extremely comfortable. The kitchen is well laid out with everything you need for your stay, the bathroom is beautifully appointed and the shower lovely and hot and the bed is really really comfortable. Given the weather we experienced on some days it became a real effort to get out of bed!! There is even a wood burner in the lounge area although as the croft was always so warm and cosy we did not need to use this during our stay, despite the weather.

The view through the patio doors is ever changing and a brief walk from the croft takes you to the loch's edge and after a slightly longer stroll to the point from which a family of seals can be spotted on a regular basis. Unfortunately despite many attempts we did not spot an otter during our stay although one of the neighbours mentioned that one had been at the loch side only a few days earlier.

We travelled up from the South in a motorhome and found there was adequate space adjacent to the croft to park. Rather than drive the motorhome around the island all week (many of the roads are single track with passing places only) we decided to hire a small car for our stay and Gail's suggestion of Jan's Car Hire in Portree was a good one.

I think by the end of the week we had just about mastered how to get a regular flow of hot water in the kitchen and some hanging space for some of our clothes would have been useful. However these are very minor points on what was overall a very comfortable, peaceful and enjoyable stay in a most idyllic spot and I cannot recommend the croft too highly. Go soon and enjoy.

WiFi would have been useful and mobile reception was a bit patchy at times. For wifi The Royal Hotel and the Aros Centre both in Portree were good.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The croft was just so welcoming upon arrival. The table setting which you see as soon as you step through the door is a masterstroke and sets the scene for everything that follows
Liked least: Getting hot water in the kitchen was a bit
People with disabilities Older travelers
Linda B
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Peaceful beauty; I hated leaving!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

My sister, Ruby, and I stayed at Skye Croft for a week in April. It was the most perfect place to stay and provided us with a relaxing, restful vacation. We were greeted by daffodils then found that inside the croft everything was clean and inviting; we wanted for nothing. The quiet beauty of the island, the ever-changing view, delightful neighbors and stunning touring opportunities all made me want to stay for much longer. We searched for seals, shooting stars and Northern Lights. We are looking for dates to return in order to experience Skye and this peaceful croft once more. Gail has thought of everything and the croft is well equipped, comfortable and cozy. She is a wonderful hostess.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The sunsets and ever changing water.
Liked least: I loved it all....maybe a bigger coffee pot would be good.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing