“Dont pass on this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maryville
Chilhowee Mountain Retreat
Ranked #2 of 5 Maryville B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Dont pass on this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Only complaint is that my wife and I only had one night to stay. Jim and Mary went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us. We felt at home which is my number one priority while staying at a BnB. Well one of them, the other is breakfast which was fantastic, Unfortunately I turned down seconds due to a planned hike and I was stuffed. Room was great. View incredible. Bottom line I have no complaints and will return. Do not pass on this place. Jim enjoyed your Dads book and I have passed it on to others. Tell your Dad "All the Way" LOL they probably didn't say that in the 40s but who knows!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband & I recently stayed here on a Fall leaf tour of the mountains. The views from the mountain top are BEAUTIFUL! Our room was spotless. They served a delicious breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with Jim & Mary, the innkeepers. We plan to return to this restful, peaceful and scenic Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: We kept the blinds open & the most majestic sunrise flooded our room - an amazing way to be awak...
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this B & B for four nights during the first week of Oct 2011. This place is terrific! The entire facility was immaculate, comfortable, and homey.
We enjoyed the antipasta platter the first evening of our stay. We both felt that the first night was a good choice to enjoy the platter after traveling to the B & B. Do stop to buy your wine prior to arrival to save time.
Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Our bathroom was luxurious with a steam shower with multiple shower heads, and an airjet tub.
A wonderful and delicious breakfast greeted us each morning at our selected time in the dining area. The coffee was some of the best we've ever tasted. The hosts pay attention to presentation and detail which made us feel special during our stay.
Our hosts, Jim and Mary, were delightful. They provided us with helpful information and hints about sightseeing, shopping and dining in the area.
We definitely plan on returning to the Chilhowee Mountain Retreat.

Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate his 30th birthday by riding tail of the dragon. We were very much looking forward to this long weekend but everything exceeded our expectations. The Inn is perfect, the views are out of this world, and Jim and Mary are the perfect hosts. Every little detail is thought of and taken care of. Breakfast is delicious and the ride to get to tail of the dragon is a blast. I truly could not think of a better place to stay and we hope to get back there very, very soon. In addition, they offer an incredibly generous military discount. Again, i could not more strongly recommend this retreat and plan to tell all of our friends and family to make the trip.

Montgomery, Al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

This place is truly amazing. The photos do not come close to doing it justice (and they are great). My wife and I wanted a little treat as we went to Maryville to watch my son run cross-country. The view, the room, the conversation, the food, and the woods are as good or better than our recent upper end trip to Scotland. I am putting Chilhowee on my annual list of things to do.

Room Tip: All rooms have an incredible view. We booked one in the main house so we could just walk downstairs...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryville
15.8 km away
24.4 km away
Fontana Village Resort
Fontana Village Resort
#1 of 1 in Fontana Dam

Been to Chilhowee Mountain Retreat? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK