All reviews amuse bouche rooms are huge coffee and petit fours first class drawing room roll top bath afternoon tea function suite highest standard log fire beautiful hotel special occasion the main dining room top class lamb sandwiches friends wedding
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We went to the Hotel on an overnight dinner bed and breakfast deal for Valentine's.
Started with a bottle of prosseco in front of the roaring woid fire by reception. Having relaxed from an afternoons Clay Pigeon Shooting nearby we retired to the spacious comfortable room to change for dinner.
Another bottle of prosseco in front of the fire and we went through for dinner. The standard menu was very extensive, however being Valentine's Night for a modest additional cost there was a Chefs specially selected 7 course meal with a wine to compliment each course which we chose to try.. A good decision each course was a delight the wine served with each course explained in detail as to it's selection and why it complimented the course.
We both completed every course (And the wine ).
A brilliant night, breakfast delivered to the room.
A coffee by the fire before we departed at lunchtime.
A very enjoyable Valentine's evening to be repeated.
Compliments to all the staff in the way we were looked after.

1  Thank Ianscu
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The Lochgreen House Hotel lunch offering is something to be savoured especially if taken in the main dining room. The wating service of late has been of the highest standard and the general ambience of the venue is that of relaxed oppulence. Prices for the fixed menu are reasonable with the bonus that coffee is included and may be taken in one of the sumptous lounge area. The only disappointment on my last of many visits was that the pork en croute had been kept warm a little too long to the detriment of pastry. On the whole however a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours of a lunchtime.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I write this sitting on a comfortable sofa in our spacious, clean and comfortable room at Lochgreen the morning after a delicious meal here.
I booked the hotel as a gift for my other half. We had lunch here before and thought it was lovely despite a wee mix up with our fish course on that particular occasion. We had the tasting menu and were given salmon in error during that lunch. We queried this as the food was placed because that wasn't what was stated on the menu. The server didn't realise the mistake and said the fish course had changed. He later confessed there had been a mix up with someone else's meal. I was a wee bit disappointed but the lunch was superb so we let it go and were keen to return.

We arrived yesterday and were impressed with the size of the room and we decided to have a late afternoon cocktail. We went downstairs and found a seat but waited sometime to see staff to take an order. During the course of our afternoon finding someone to take our order continued to feel like a challenge. I felt that there needed to be more regular presence of staff who take drinks orders. The drinks were great and service very polite... once you got it. We really did feel a little frustrated at the lack of attentiveness, perhaps staff could take it in turn to do a gentle walk round to look for customers needing a drink. We'd have spent twice as much on drinks so Lochgreen could be missing out here with others if this is common... though they may have saved me from a slight headache today!
But i must stress that our cocktails and subsequent drinks were wonderful and the surroundings very relaxing.

Dinner was gorgeous. We had a langoustine starter, venison Wellington and apple tarte tatin washed down with a delicious bottle of Austrian wine etc. Staff were very polite, though, again, we felt things a little slow or inattentive at times.

Overall, i love Lochgreen and will happily return for meals. We have eaten in Braidwoods a couple of times now and we felt last night's meal was as good, if not better at certain points, than its michelin starred rival, and crucially, the restaurant ambiance is certainly superior to that of Braidwoods.

Given there is so very much going for this hotel I would ask management to just take a look at the service and consider some minor tweaks that could enhance the experience for the customer... and lead to more drinks sales so upping profits too!

I'd encourage anyone to try this hotel and judge for themselves. Perhaps others would not share my views... I appreciate that in the hotel trade you cannot please everyone. I wouldn't say our visit has been ruined by service just that it could have been all the better and a 5 star experience for some minor improvements.

We will be back because the food is 5 star.

Thank you for a lovely stay. I am looking forward to breakfast.

1  Thank Scotslass14
Reviewed 24 January 2018

We had a very nice stay at Lochgreen Hotel as part of our 40th wedding anniversary. We arrived and were greeted by a very nice young lady at reception who informed us our room was ready and help was provided by Ivor (forgive me if I’ve got your name wrong) who helped bring our luggage to our room.
From start to finish every member of staff were courteous and very friendly especially the young waiter and waitress serving drinks in the fabulous lounge area next to fire, to the informative young man who served us our evening meal, explaining what the various Hors d’oeuvres were, including a little caviar which I had never tasted before our meal was lovely.
We then relaxed in the most comfortable lounge at the fire enjoying coffee and homemade chocolates, provided as a little gift for our anniversary, a nice touch and thank you.
Next morning we enjoyed a great breakfast before checking out and heading home.
So a big thank you to all the Lochgreen Staff.

Room Tip: Room 25 which was very nice
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Markkillie
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Spent a couple days here with a small group of my team, it was a fantastic. The meeting room was spacious with all the tech link ups we needed.
The food was incredible, fresh locally sourced products from Scotland - would highly recommend any of the fish dishes.
All of the staff were very well trained, courteous, polite, knowledgeable and non intrusive - this came naturally to them all.
The hotel itself is in great condition and the attention to detail mirrored the quality of everything that we experienced from the immaculately kept grounds to the whisky vault in the lounge. There is no wonder that they continue to win awards.
This is a great place and very good value. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business