“Avoid at all costs if staying overnight” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cromarty Arms Inn

Cromarty Arms Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cromarty
Cromarty Arms Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cromarty
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs if staying overnight”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

bathroom filthy. traces of bodily fluids on toilet lid and cistern. Think it was shared with the owners as there were toiletries and used soap in the bath.The bedcovers felt and smelled as if they hadnt been changed since previous occupants and the spare quilt and cover for the pull out bed smelled of vomit.It was kept in the wardrobe so it stank and there was nowhere to hang your clothes. Breakfast was eaten while the hoovering and disinfecting of the bar went on. Owners made little effort to communicate with us especially the man. We actually felt like an inconvenience to them.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 109charity
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Unfriendly, unhelpful, surly, unwelcoming staff. Not in the least interested in creating a positive impression for customers. The concept of ‘customer care’ is obviously totally alien. Sadly this typifies too many pubs, bars and hotels in rural Scotland. Pity any overseas tourists who have the misfortune to step into this bar.

The sooner places like this go to the wall, the better it will be for the tourist industry and Scotland’s reputation internationally as a tourist destination.

A great shame really, because Cromarty is just THE most delightful wee village - very picturesque.

Room Tip: Avoid altogther is the best tip I can come up with!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HongKongFace

Travellers are raving about these Cromarty hotels

Grantown-on-Spey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We recently spent 2 great evenings at this very friendly & traditional Inn. Everything & more than you would expect from your 'Local'. Very friendly & helpfull staff , a great atmosphere & we really enjoyed our bar meal , plenty of choice & v well cooked. Well worth a visit if you're in the area & our meal was much better than one we had at a nearby rather overpriced & dull hotel in Cromarty.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fitology
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

The Inn was busy when I arrived, just after 7pm on a thursday evening. This meant I had to wait to be looked after, but looked after I was!
If you are looking for clinical lines, symetrical rooms & service then don't come here. The bar is eclectic, the rooms the same & just what is needed after a long drive.
The bar was well stocked, good choice of beers, ales & spirits.
The menu was traditional, diverse & as I sat enjoying my free pint (I was not having breakfast) I saw plate after plate of high quality, substantial meals coming out of the small kitchen. The lady (who I call a young girl) cooking showed some real talent in keeping on top of the food (i estimet at least 30 people dining + me) & I did not have to wait too long for my EXCELLENT beef olives (be warned , the food is not Nouvelle Cuisine portions & I am a big guy) which I could not finish. I did not have breakfast but teh people opposite me were ordering Full Scottish Breakfasts but did not want black pudding (did notget this in the Premier Inn in Livingston that morning).
The single room I had was greta, nice mix of homely items, clean towels & linen & even a ticking alarm clock! Majestic.
I would advise all to try this place, but don't walk in expecting a Premier Inn. The shared bathroom was clean, well stocked with toiletries & had ample hot water.

Room Tip: The limited amount of rooms means book early.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

Rather than stop in nearby Inverness, I elected to stop in Cromarty (aprox 15 miles away) and explore the Black Isle (actually a peninsula).

After reading the reviews I knew that I would just be stopping in a basic village inn, so therefore wasnt expecting a 5 star experience. The Inn is set on the beautiful village main street (very quiet) and is very welcoming.
My room wasn't en suite, but was spacious and clean with multi channel TV.
Food is served in the bar and is nice and unexpensive. The bar is home to locals and serves real ale.
On the down side, there is no internet or mobile phone signal in the room, but I found it nice to get away from work calls for a while.

The village and harbour are beautiful. Take a few hours to have a wander round.

Breakfasts are served from 8.30am and are plentiful and nice.
Would I return? . . . . Certainly

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromarty
0.5 km away
23.7 km away
North Kessock Hotel
North Kessock Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kessock

Been to Cromarty Arms Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK