“COMFORTABLE, CLEAN & EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY !”
Review of Achilty Hotel

Achilty Hotel
Achilty Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Contin
Reviewed 2 December 2016

My wife and I stayed for one night at The achilty guest house. We booked through Booking . com and it was clearly listed as a guest house so we did not expect a hotel as some of the reviewers did. I am totally amazed at some of the critisisms the proprieters have received. I do not find thier comments justified and I hope my review goes some way to addressing the balance. We arrived at 3.50 pm to find the owner returning from the village. We received a warm welcome and he showed us our self contained en-suite unit with our own entrance. The layout is similar to that of a motel and is much preffered by us as people are not running on corridors past your room. It was a very cold day and we were immediately brought a new powerfull heater to supplement the central heating. The place was clean, tidy with plenty of towels. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room were excellent and unusually EVERYTHING in the bathroom including hot water functioned perfectly. The wi-fi was excellent and the fastest I have ever seen. I had no phone reception but who needs it when youv'e got skype.The Continental breakfast that we had was a superb selection, one of the best I have ever seen. We went short of nothing and nothing was too much trouble. Come on guy's. This couple try like hell and don't deserve critisism that is negative or unconstructive. What the hell do you want for forty odd quid. We would definitly stay again if the opportunity arose. Best of luck with your ongoing development.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We were travelling back from the north west of Scotland and wanted somewhere to stay before we got to Inverness. The owner explained he'd taken over the hotel earlier this year and is in the process of refurbishing it.
We had a ground floor room which is suitable for disabled visitors although we didn't need this! Yes, the furnishings are very dark and rather dated but everywhere was very clean and the bed was very comfortable .
A continental breakfast is provided - I'd prefer more freshly baked items rather than the standard sliced bread and packaged croissants but it was quite acceptable with a choice of cooked meats and cheeses.
The owner was very friendly and we look forward to visiting in the future when I'm sure he'll have done some updating.
There's plenty of parking - improved lighting and signage at the front might attract more passing trade.
Wifi at the property was good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The budget room was a large comfortable room with en suite bathroom. According to the owner the reason he calls the room a budget room is because it faces the road. This was not an issue as after 7pm there was hardly any traffic. We both slept very well.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smarty162
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It would appear that the Achilty is a shadow of its former self. It doesn’t operate as a hotel anymore which was a disappointment to us arriving at 7pm and hoping for a relaxing night eating in. Achility is now a bed and breakfast venue only so the “hotel” title is something of a misnomer. We received a warm welcome from the hostess who kindly directed us to the excellent Cottage Bar and restaurant six miles down the road at Maryburgh for dinner. The Achilty is a tired place; décor is faded, the bed spongy and the bathroom aged, though clean and functional. The Goodmans LCD TV is the smallest I’ve encountered; I’ve watched TV on bigger lap tops! Despite being alongside the main road, Room 7 we stayed in had effective double glazing and the noise from traffic wasn’t a problem. Breakfast was hearty and generous if not a little overcooked. Achilty has seen better days, but it’s a reasonable stop over hotel for one night and represents fair value for money at £75 including breakfast. Whilst in the area, check out the Contin Falls just down the road and the Glen Ord Distillery, (home of the Singleton of Glen Ord) about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HullDave
CJWS, Owner at Achilty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

With reference to review. Firstly the television is 19 inches. If the guest required a larger television he could have asked at the time. I tend not to overcook breakfasts. The observation could have been made at the time. All our guests are asked at the time if their meal is all right , I cannot remedy the problem after the event.
Our room rate is £70.00 per night

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Finding myself unexpectedly stranded in Cotin one night last December
I was welcomed to the lovely friendly hotel of Ethel Slater and her husband
Although closed for the winter they kindly welcomed me and provided me with a lovely meal, lots of kindness and a nice bed and breakfast
I highly recommend this hotel to all
And take this opportunity to thank them both most sincerely
Jenny Stewart

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1,94,51,985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Contin
1.6 km away
10.7 km away
National Hotel Dingwall
National Hotel Dingwall
#3 of 3 in Dingwall

Been to Achilty Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK