All reviews continental breakfast filter coffee pain au chocolate a ground floor room guest house is rooms are comfortable pleasant stay long drive misnomer cereal coast
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The budget room was a large comfortable room with en suite bathroom. According to the owner the reason he calls the room a budget room is because it faces the road. This was not an issue as after 7pm there was hardly any traffic. We both slept very well.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smarty162
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It would appear that the Achilty is a shadow of its former self. It doesn’t operate as a hotel anymore which was a disappointment to us arriving at 7pm and hoping for a relaxing night eating in. Achility is now a bed and breakfast venue only so the “hotel” title is something of a misnomer. We received a warm welcome from the hostess who kindly directed us to the excellent Cottage Bar and restaurant six miles down the road at Maryburgh for dinner. The Achilty is a tired place; décor is faded, the bed spongy and the bathroom aged, though clean and functional. The Goodmans LCD TV is the smallest I’ve encountered; I’ve watched TV on bigger lap tops! Despite being alongside the main road, Room 7 we stayed in had effective double glazing and the noise from traffic wasn’t a problem. Breakfast was hearty and generous if not a little overcooked. Achilty has seen better days, but it’s a reasonable stop over hotel for one night and represents fair value for money at £75 including breakfast. Whilst in the area, check out the Contin Falls just down the road and the Glen Ord Distillery, (home of the Singleton of Glen Ord) about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HullDave
CJWS, Owner at Achilty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

With reference to review. Firstly the television is 19 inches. If the guest required a larger television he could have asked at the time. I tend not to overcook breakfasts. The observation could have been made at the time. All our guests are asked at the time if their meal is all right , I cannot remedy the problem after the event.
Our room rate is £70.00 per night

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Finding myself unexpectedly stranded in Cotin one night last December
I was welcomed to the lovely friendly hotel of Ethel Slater and her husband
Although closed for the winter they kindly welcomed me and provided me with a lovely meal, lots of kindness and a nice bed and breakfast
I highly recommend this hotel to all
And take this opportunity to thank them both most sincerely
Jenny Stewart

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1,94,51,985
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had a lovely clean and light room, lots of space and very comfortable bed. We think this B&B is a little gem! it has one of the best breakfasts in the Highlands and the hosts are really friendly too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the Hotel will be quieter as we were on the front and next to the main road. Not noisy at night though.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2012

hi myself and my wife stayed there in september
lovely room cleaned every day we where there
asked for a room on ground level we where given 2 to choose from
room was coszy and warm great sleep at night

breakfast was great , hosts very friendly
great value for money breakfast set you up for the day

the slaters where very helpful

we will be back next year

thankyou for a pleasant stay from the Hendersons

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple