All reviewscontinental breakfastfilter coffeepain au chocolatea ground floor roomguest house isrooms are comfortablepleasant staylong drivemisnomercerealcoast
Reviewed 9 September 2012

hi myself and my wife stayed there in september
lovely room cleaned every day we where there
asked for a room on ground level we where given 2 to choose from
room was coszy and warm great sleep at night

breakfast was great , hosts very friendly
great value for money breakfast set you up for the day

the slaters where very helpful

we will be back next year

thankyou for a pleasant stay from the Hendersons

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank george h
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This B&B is advitised as a hotel when it dose not have any bar etc the woman on Saturday when we arrived was extremly rude made us pay on arrival we booked a twin room we got a double we arrived late 11pm but kept them informed as we were on motorbikes and had been travelling all day in heavy rain!! The sign was on the ground no lights or anything to let you see were it is!! would never stay or recommend to stay again!!! only good thing was the chef was cheery and the breakfast was nice

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Bikerbaz1981
CJWS, Owner at Achilty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Once again the review is not what one calls exact.
My Wife was not rude to this person .
Why did the Gentleman not request a change of room at the time?
We have same sex couples staying all the time in double rooms.
Ours is not to reason why!!!!!!!!!!!
I have said on many occassions that anonymous reviews are rather unfair

Reviewed 12 August 2012

While driving up to this B&B, the weathered sign had fallen down and been set on the ground, making me a bit worried about what I was in for. However, the stay turned out to be lovely and just what I would expect from a B&B. The decor is more than a bit dated, and the layout of the building is a bit strange, but everything was clean and otherwise well-presented.

We were visiting for a wedding about a mile up the road, and the proprietor of the B&B even gave us a ride to where the reception was being held. The staff was overall very friendly and accommodating. It's a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zambixi
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed for five nights. It is only a B&B. the owner's partner died and the couple, the Slaters, could not cope with a restuarant as well. However Mr Slater, with40 years in the hotel business, produces an excellent breakfast and the rooms are well equipped - What a change to find a shower of good pressure, good heat and space to move. Bedrooms a good size. Good Value overall.

He is a bit of a control freak - but in the nicest way. Recommended

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PRW2
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This accommodation is not a hotel, and from the information on 'google' etc this is not clear. It is definitely a B&B, although it used to be a hotel. I arrived expecting to be able to have a drink from the bar etc, and perhaps a snack, and so was disappointed. As a B&B it was fine. I had a friendly welcome, and the room, although a bit dated, was fine and very adequate. There was some noise from the main road outside. The breakfast was good, and had an unexpectedly good choice. The value was average. Some of the notices in the room etc were a bit officious and not very friendly. The place is up for sale, and I guess the present owners are running it as a B&B until they can find a buyer. However, I found nothing wrong with the accommodation, and if I was looking fro a B&B would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If they have rooms which are not to the front of the building, then go for one of these to avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business