I booked the hotel because the website looked brilliant, however on arrival the hotel did not do the website any justice. It was dark, unwelcoming and had a very strong musty smell hanging around every corner. I know the hotel is extremely old but shouldn't that encourage the owners to re-plaster the ceilings and paint over the damp stains on the walls? The rooms are very big with a lovely view however they are again, dark, musty and extremely outdated. I wanted to go to a typical scottish hotel but the decor was terrible, cluttered and disorganised. After our first day exploring the loch in the rain what better than going back to a nice hot shower, but no, after running the shower for twenty minutes there was still no hot water.
I am still regretting paying for this terrible place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 50 bedroom hotel caters for all clientele, families, couples, singles, friends and groups. We have a restaurant that serves a table d' hote menu three course meal. Our Pibroch Whisky Bar has an extensive choice of whiskys. The Loch Ness Monster Exhibition Centre is on hotel grounds and Nessie Hunter Cruises, hourly cruises on Loch Ness depart from hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loch Ness Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Ness Hotel Drumnadrochit
- Loch Ness Drumnadrochit
- Loch Ness Lodge Hotel Drumnadrochit