See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel has definitely gone down hill and as the previous reviewer wrote, should now be closed in its present state. Work on hotel has still not been completed. We stopped off for a bowl of soup which turned out to be watered down carrot and lentil, with a very small roll, for £4.95. Very poor. Would not return to this property unless drastic changes were made. Much nicer places to stay and eat around the area. Such a pity because the hotel is well situated.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carribe2
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel should be closed. We had 3 rooms for 4 nights and this is what we found.
Each room had no shower, no bathroom furniture, no TVs, No bedroom mirrors in rooms 7 and 8. Lights not working. A kettle that had to be boiled on the floor because there was no higher level sockets, and had to be boiled 20 times for a bath on the 3rd morning as the hotel had no hot water. There were no headboards on the beds and the towels were never replaced.
The owners although very approachable would only ever explain why they had problems, but they were never resolved.
There was a drain cover leaking soiled water and tissue onto the pavement outside which was never attended to while we were there either.

Room Tip: Rooms in alternative hotels will be better....
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank StandandD
Reviewed 17 May 2012

It is a pity the hotel had to reopen before the updating had been completed. Surrounded by building and decorating, what had been completed was poor. The hotel is in a superb location and it should be exceptional. Unfortunately, it has a huge amount of work to do before I could recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert444_12
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Looking at past reviews I am completely surprised this hotel has had some good ones!! I booked in for 1 night, I arranged to arrive for check in time of 2pm, I arrived at 2.15pm, the hotel looked run down and was under construction at the front, this did not fill me with hope.......nevertheless in we go (partner and I), spoke to a woman at the bar who stated she would check my reservation....off she went , to return 10 mins later and to say, "room not ready, come back in an hour!!!...................really not good enough esp when hotel clearly states check in 2pm !! Anyway I cancelled reservation as besides the cheek of attempting to send us away for an hour, the place really was rather run down and tired looking!! We ended up staying in Four Seasons....big white hotel futher along the Loch, ended up paying £50 more BUT well worth it.....of interest I had mentioned the prob with the Drummond Hotel to a local in St Fillans who I happened to chat with when out walking...............he told me I had a lucky escape as the Drummond can get rowdy at night due to local campers etc using the bar..........................really, if your looking for a quite easy relaxing time in nice clean surroundings then AVOID unless of course you like a complete mess around you...then book away ............................

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chester3523
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is an old hotel and a bit tired in the decor department, but the food is good and the bar is great entertainment if you make the effort yourself.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends