“Very Disappointed”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Scottish, Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Tower Gastro Pub is a unique pub/restaurant run by Annie and Bob Anderson situated in Crieff. Offering high quality food & drink in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Boasting one of the areas largest beer gardens complete with children's play area, chicken coup and allotment this is a family and dog friendly establishment.So whether its outside dining, a meal in the bar, or perhaps the more relaxed setting of the Lounge, The Tower offers something for everyone.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Having read all of the previous reviews I thought this would be a great choice for my family to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday. I dropped off banners, balloons and a cake in the afternoon and the staff kindly put the decorations up for our arrival so that was a good start. It went downhill from there I'm afraid with very poor service! We waited around 1 hour for our food to arrive and had to continually ask for drinks or just go through to the bar to get them ourselves. They did give us 2 complimentary bottles of wine to apologise for the slow service but by then it was too late and we had taxis coming back to pick us up and take us back up to Crieff Hydro where we were staying. Because of the long wait, we didn't even have time to light the candles on my Dad's cake and ended up taking it away with us to do later back at our lodges. The food was okay but some of the portions were very small, in particular the steak pie which came in a very small dish with only a few chips and a small amount of veg on the side. All in all a very disappointing experience for our family which was a real shame given it was for a special occasion. To add insult to injury, the Manager tried to upsell me for breakfast the next morning!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely food , great out door play area for children , very good value for money and great service, have booked for Easter lunch next week

2  Thank Leanne A
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to pop in to have some lunch during a family visit to Crieff we saw The Tower Gastro Pub and thought we’d give it a try. Best decision ever! Even though the kitchen was about to close Suzie our very lovely and helpful server took our order. The food did not only look amazing it tasted it too. If you are looking for somewhere to have a nice Pub lunch I absolutely recommend you give it a try. 5 stars all the way.

2  Thank JWatson2001
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

On an overnight stay in Crieff with 3 family members we want to The Tower Pub for dinner.

We had the choice to sit in the bar or the lounge. We opted for the lounge which was spacious and well decorated.
It was a Monday night so wasn’t that busy.

We had starters of toast and wild mushroom and also Cullen skink and mains of fish and chips and macaroni and chips.

The food was nice, the portion sizes generous and the staff friendly and attentive.

The bar was busier and it was nice to see dogs were allowed in.

The toilets were clean.

In total for 4 starters, 4 main meals and 4 drinks it came to just under £70, very reasonable.

Would visit again if I was ever in Crieff again.

1  Thank Jacqui270Glasgow
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I was here for lunch with my wife and parents, and as dogs are welcome in the bar area, our two dogs also joined us. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, with much effort made to provide good service. From the lunch menu, I had the tower burger, my wife the grilled chicken ciabatta, my mum a baked potato with tuna and my dad the muscles. Portions were a really generous size and each of us gave our food a big thumbs up. Our two dogs were also happy with the doggie biscuits provided.

The new owners took over one week ago and good luck to them. Our experience was very positive so if you decide to take a trip to Crieff, I would recommend this place.

*My mum and dad are staying the night and I had a chance to view their room. Very impressed from what we got to see. Breakfast start time of 10:30am also sounded very appealing.

2  Thank Jonny G